Arrow ~ Irreconcilable Differences ~ Part Two

This was both a fun chapter to write and a tense one. Things go a bit differently than in canon, so I hope everyone enjoys the changes.

Someone gets taken, Oliver takes a team on a mission, and the witness is revealed.

Enjoy!

***

"All right, all right, all right," Rene helped Curtis through the door, his team member swaying on his feet. "Where do you want to go, bathroom or couch?"

"Hey, hey, hey," Curtis staggered away. "I am perfectly capable of walking myself – whoa!" Rene stopped and watched Curtis smack into the table in front of him, knocking several things to the ground, including himself. He sighed, shaking his head as Curtis got back on his feet. "That was not because I was drunk," he sniffed. "That is just because I am very clumsy." Rene rolled his eyes, closing the door behind him as Curtis looked around. "Wow . . . so this is the dog house? Ruff! Ha ha! It's actually way cleaner than I thought it would be. Oh, you have flowers!" Curtis brightened, seeing the sunflowers on the dining table. "Why do you – why do you have flowers? Are you seeing some lady friend or something?"

"It's not like that," Rene shook his head as Curtis sat down.

"You know who I am gonna see when I get to my place in the morning?"

"Some hot dude?" Rene guessed.

"Myself," Curtis shook his head glumly. "In the mirror. Alone." He sighed as Rene winced. "Do you think it was the vigilantism that drove Paul away, or did – did I just lose my charm, or – " He groaned slightly, rubbing his forehead. "Do you – do you ever feel like life would be easier if there was never a Team Arrow?"

"Only all the time," Rene admitted.

"You know what, though?" Curtis straightened. "Oliver is getting his happy ending with Kara, which is all that matters . . . to Oliver, at least."

"That's just the booze talking, Hoss," Rene shook his head, turning and taking off his overcoat, hanging it up on a hook nearby. "All right? I mean, you're gonna find someone new, but until then, you got all of us – "

He stopped short, staring blankly at Curtis, who was passed out with his head on the table, snoring away. He sighed, looking fondly at his friend. "That's what I get for being nice."

***

Dinah walked down the back steps into an alley, looking one direction. She heard footsteps coming the other way, and she closed her eyes. "You have to stop contacting me. I've done all I'm willing to do for you."

The footsteps stopped a few feet away. "I'm not here to ask for a favor," Vincent told her.

Dinah turned around, narrowing her eyes. "Then what do you want?"

"I miss you, D," Vincent answered, walking forward slowly. "That dress reminds me of the one you wore for the Guzman Op."

"Don't do that," Dinah shook her head. "Don't try to dip me in nostalgia. I don't even know who you are anymore, Vince! The man I knew would never – could never – kill an innocent person."

"The people I've killed weren't innocent," Vincent defended himself.

"Oh, no?" Dinah raised an eyebrow. "Well, what about that cop you accidentally shot last month?"

"Collateral damage."

"What?" Dinah balked.

"Are you trying to tell me that there hasn't been any in the war the Green Arrow's fighting?" Vincent countered.