Supergirl ~ Far From The Tree ~ Part Two

Party time! The gang from Earth-1 arrives, as does someone from Maggie's past who threatens to ruin the day. And at the end, it's back to Mars with Kara, J'onn, and M'yrnn.

Enjoy!

***

"You never told me the whole story," Alex told Maggie that night. "About your dad and the car."

"What's the point?" Maggie asked glumly.

"I wanna share everything with you, Maggie," Alex told her. "I mean, the good and the bad. I knew that he was hard on you, but – "

"Before that day, he was the best father," Maggie interrupted. "I know he sounds like a monster, but you just don't know where he came from."

"Well, it sounds like you still really love him," Alex remarked.

Maggie sighed. "I don't know. I am just saying that he didn't have it easy."

"Well, have you ever thought about calling him?"

"Of course I have!"

"And?" Alex prompted, sitting next to her.

Maggie scoffed. "My aunt told me that my mother removed every picture of me from the photo albums. They erased me. I don't need that."

Alex sighed, thinking about what to say. "Look, what your family did to you was incredibly hurtful, but sometimes parents can do really stupid things when they are up against something they don't understand. What if you invited them to the shower?"

"Are you kidding?" Maggie's eyes widened.

"Well, it's the perfect excuse to reach out!"

"Yeah, right," Maggie scoffed. "You kicked me out because I'm gay, but hey, come to my gay shower!"

"It was a long time ago," Alex reminded her. "Maggie, the world has changed. Maybe they have, too."

"I don't think so," Maggie shook her head as they got in bed. "Babe, look, I love you, just . . . please, drop it."

"OK," Alex sighed, pulling the sheets up and lying down.

***

Maggie didn't fall asleep for a long time. She laid awake in bed, drumming her fingers absently, before finally sitting up and quietly slipping out. She walked over to her phone on the table, picking it up and looking at it nervously. Finally, she sat down and dialed a number, looking back to make sure Alex hadn't woken up. When the line connected, she took a deep breath. "Hola, Papi," she greeted. "Soy Margarita. ¿Cómo estás?" She checked back on Alex, then started speaking again. "I'm living in National City now. I'm a cop. I like it, it's good. So, um . . . " She fidgeted slightly. "Anyway, I am calling because I'm getting married. No, it's not a . . . her name is Alex. Anyway, we are having a party. A wedding shower, on Sunday, and, um . . . you probably can't make it, but I thought maybe I would invite you. See, I'd like it if you came, se puede. Anyway, I hope you and Mom are good." She said goodbye, then hung up, staring at her phone for a long moment.

She finally turned back to the bed to see Alex was sitting up and watching her worriedly. "Why did I do that?" she asked in shock.

Alex just gave her a sad smile.

***

When Sunday morning came, Winn, James, and Lena had come to assist Alex and Eliza with setting up. "Bridal bingo?" James raised an eyebrow when he saw the game.

"Ooo, trivia," Winn brightened when he saw the cards. "I'll host that!"

"You'd be good at that," Lena chuckled.