Supergirl ~ Wake Up ~ Part Three

Well . . . technically, "Wake Up" ends about 2.5K words in . . . but it would be hard to figure out where to split the chapter and what to call the rest of it . . . so what the hell. Here's 6.6K words for you guys!

Hope no one's too OOC, and I hope you're as satisfied reading as I was while writing this out.

Enjoy part three, guys!

***

Mon-El watched impatiently as Alex and Winn examined the woman before asking, "Are there any updates?"

"She's stable for now," Alex answered.

"We're still analyzing her genetic makeup so we can treat her properly," Winn added as Alex took his tablet. "I mean, is there anything you can tell us to help?"

"She's from Titan," Mon-El answered, sighing. "Without power to the ship, she may have been off life support longer than we think."

"Who is she?" Kara asked, looking her over.

Mon-El paused for a second before answering, "Her name is Imra. Winn, will you let me know if her condition changes?"

"Yeah, of course," Winn nodded, looking at Kara in concern.

Mon-El just walked off, and Kara watched him leave, an unreadable expression on her face. Alex walked over to her, worried about her, but before she could say anything, there was a clatter of heels, and Lena hurried in, eyes wide. "James said that Mon-El was back?" she asked. When Kara nodded, Lena looked back the way she had come. "How?"

"He's from the future," was all Kara answered with, no expression in her tone.

"Yeah, I can safely say I was not expecting that," Alex admitted, and Kara rubbed her forehead as Alex put her arm around her.

"But the lead in the atmosphere?" Lena pressed.

"He's cured," Kara answered shortly, and Lena sighed, reaching out to hug her.

Winn, meanwhile, double checked his phone, narrowing his eyes when he saw he still hadn't gotten any response from any of the Earth-1ers.

What the hell was going on over there for them to not be here already?

***

J'onn opened the door to a darkened apartment, and M'yrnn walked in, looking around in confusion. "What are these empty rooms for?" he asked.

"It's not much," J'onn told him. "But, um, it's an apartment. To live in." M'yrnn turned to look at him, confused, and J'onn sighed. "I never thought I'd see you again, Father. Not after the invasion. I'd gotten so used to living here on Earth, on my own. Work has always made me feel productive, useful. But you are so right. I have isolated myself in my work. When I was a child, you taught me to always see the beauty in life. I've lost sight of that over the years."

"Nothing is ever lost for good," M'yrnn told him. "It may not be Mars, but there is much beauty to find on this planet."

"There is," J'onn agreed.

"I am here for you now, son," M'yrnn promised.

"I know," J'onn nodded. "That's why we're here."

"At this apartment?" M'yrnn looked around, confused.

J'onn nodded, leaning against the table in the center of the room. "I thought it might be a better fit than the D.E.O., for both of us."

"You shall move here, too?" M'yrnn asked hopefully.