Arrow ~ Docket No. 11-19-41-73 ~ Part Two

First two weeks of the second semester are done, and here's how I unwind . . . or maybe I wound myself up more, because man, I forgot how heavy this episode could be, especially when I write my parts into it.

A huge thank you to everyone for your patience with this book. I'm absolutely looking forward to finishing these seasons and pushing to get all the way to "Crisis on Infinite Earths" . . . which was just incredible, by the way. You'll be sticking with me for a while, if the pace I update/have burnouts is anything to go by, but if you do stay with me, I promise I will give you the best version of Crisis that I can write. I know exactly what I'm shooting for and I have a pretty good idea about how to get there, but it's getting there that I'll need to do. Think y'all can do that with me?

Never mind that, though. You're here for the second part of Oliver's trial! The defense takes the stand, J'onn wins Best Actor of the Year again, there's Super Cousins fluff, and Oliver and Kara come to an understanding.

Enjoy!

***

"Well," Oliver cleared his throat as he and Jean met in the courthouse. "That went . . . far better than I expected."

"Indeed," Jean nodded, tapping her chin as she leaned against one of the chairs. "From what you told me of Diaz, I expected him to turn up and put pressure on Rene."

"I thought that was what happened," Oliver admitted. He hadn't been able to see anyone privately when he and Jean took a recess, but he had noticed Winn had looked absolutely gleeful when he left. The D.E.O. agent had to have seen something he hadn't. "So where do we go from here?"

"It's our turn," Jean answered, checking her notes. "There are three witnesses I have who can argue definitively for you: Felicity Smoak, Kara Danvers, and yourself."

Oliver took a deep breath. "Do we have a chance at winning this?"

"If we were dealing with a completely fair judge and a completely fair jury?" Jean tilted her head. "I think absolutely, we would. But knowing what we do with the corrupt influence we have in the system . . . we need to be prepared for anything."

"We will be," Oliver nodded. "I know it."

Jean nodded back.

***

Oliver winced as the handcuffs were taken off him back in the courtroom, and he turned to look at Kara as she moved to the outer edge of her benches. "You don't have to testify," he murmured. "Jean doesn't have to call you."

"Yes, she does," Kara nodded. "And I want to testify."

"I don't want you in a position where you perjure yourself because of me," Oliver hissed.

"I perjure myself every day when I say I'm not an alien," Kara retorted, making Oliver wince. "Besides, the best witness to say where you've been at night is me."

Oliver conceded with a nod. "Look, I know our teams have a plan," he said quietly. "I can't see J'onn anywhere in this courtroom, that's got to say something. You don't have to take any chances for me."

"I will take any chance if it keeps you from being taken away from me and William," Kara's eyes flared.

Oliver swallowed hard, wanting nothing more than to kiss her, when the clerk up from called, "Court is back in session!"

Oliver turned back around to sit with Jean, and Kara dropped gracefully onto her bench. Felicity leaned forward and whispered, "Did he try and tell you 'no?'"

"Yes, he did," Kara nodded.

"And did you basically tell him go to hell?"

"Yes, I did."