Blowing Off Steam [46]

Heh... These kind of things for Sans were typical, weren't they? He could only be so happy for a moment, as if it was the best moment of his life. Only for that joy to get shot down in flames in one whole go. Of course, he just had to show up on time to see that, to see that he was too late. Maybe it was true what they said: you didn't know what you had until it was already gone. That saying made so much sense to Sans now in this moment, as if his temporary lasting dreams had just been shattered like glass.

Wanting to ignore the painful feeling he felt in his soul, Sans went to turn around, not wanting to make either of them aware of his existence, that he had saw exactly what he didn't want to see. Luck wasn't on his side though. Because he heard a "Sans!" from Frisk. He almost thought of ignoring it, of just walking on and acting as if he hadn't heard her. For some reason, he couldn't bring himself to. Sighing, he just fought back the misery and regret he was feeling, before turning around, trying to put on an act that he was just fine. That's what he had done a lot of the time in the past, so this shouldn't have been any different.

"heh, hey kid." Sans spoke, as Frisk walked up to him with Andrew trailing behind, not wanting to be too close to Sans in case he snapped. "what's up?"

"What are you doing here?" Frisk wondered with a confused expression. "Were you coming here to say hello, or to say that we have to do a mission together? I'm sorry, I know I haven't really been around lately but--" 

"it's fine... yeah, i was... gonna say hi but... ya two seemed like ya were a little busy back there so... didn't wanna interrupt ya." Sans said, causing the two to look at each other and blush in embarrassment. "glad to see that you're movin' on though, frisk. even if it is with andrew." He glared at the guy for a moment, before looking back towards Frisk who gave him a small, sheepish smile in return.

"Well... I couldn't stay hung up on you forever, right? I mean, like you said before in the past, you didn't and don't love me, so..." She shrugged. Her saying that: it hurt. Just because it was no longer the truth. Sans would have liked to say that was now a lie, that he was in love with her. Now. But he couldn't say a thing. She cared about Andrew now. She had moved on. "You won't have to worry about me crushing on you anymore."

"heh, great. i was almost worried for a second that you'd never move on." He fake mocked her with a small smirk, but Frisk giggled a little, knowing what he said was likely just a joking poke at her. Before, hearing her giggle, it would have had no affect on him whatsoever. Now, it was as if it was the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. Funny how love could really change the way you saw someone. "but i'm glad you're happy. really."

"Thank you, Sans." Frisk beamed, hugging him with gratitude. Slowly, Sans hugged her in return, a small frown appearing on his face. His pupils once again trailed to Andrew, who appeared to be looking elsewhere, obviously not wanting to look at Sans in the worry that he'd growl. Could this guy really protect her from anything? He seemed like a bit of a weakling after all. Considering an un-experienced teenage girl was able to take him out.

"it's fine, really." Sans replied, trying to make that statement sound as truthful as he possibly could, when it was really just a lie. He didn't want Frisk to be with Andrew. He wanted her to be with him! But... He knew he couldn't say such a thing. He'd probably make her angry. So... He kept his mouth shut, stopping himself from bursting out what he really wanted to say.

Pulling away from the hug, Frisk smiled at him, and he gave the best smile he could back, despite what he was feeling on the inside. "anyway, i better leave ya lovebirds alone. enjoy the rest of your date or whatever." He said, before waving and turning to walk off. He heard Frisk say bye, before he paced off to his car as quick as he could manage. 

When getting in, his first instinct was to drive away some, just in case Frisk or Andrew walked around there when they came out of the park. He eventually parked on a lonely street, before stopping the car. Gripping the steering wheel tightly, he put his forehead to it and began to sob. Frisk really had made him such a fucking crybaby. How in the world had she managed to suddenly make him feel like this? He'd probably never know. 

For so long he had been so certain about where he stood. So certain, he had been, that he did not have one tiny bit of love for Frisk. That he was just there to protect her for the sake of his promise, and that was it. But somehow, he had fallen in love. He didn't know when this happened, when he really started to feel this way. He only decided to pay attention to it now. And it hurt. It was agony, just seeing that kiss ruined him. In a single moment, it felt like he'd never be happy again. 

Knowing it was his own fault was the fucking worst. Had he just not been so ignorant when Frisk told him she loved him, he wouldn't be in this position. No. He'd be in joy. He would feel lucky that the girl he loved had loved him in return. Instead, he was sitting here, wallowing in self pity. How pathetic. This time, he couldn't blame his problems on anyone else. Only himself. This was only his fault. Everyone had been telling him what had obviously been the truth, that he and Frisk should have been together. He wanted to say they were wrong, when in all truthfulness, he was wrong. 

Somehow, he needed to blow off some steam. Get his emotions out. He didn't have much to do right now, so he decided he'd head back to the headquarters, to one of the training rooms. There was a training room that Frisk had never been to, just because he always figured doing what was in there would be too much for her to handle. Considering in the past he felt she was never ready for missions. Upon inspection, it simply looked like an empty room. There was a single door that led to one small room, with a window that let you see into the bare room. There was a control system in there. 

What was this room for? Well, it was simply a simulation room. "simulation, start!" Sans barked. Just with those simple words uttered alone, the room around him began to change and shift, no longer being that of an ordinary, blank, empty room. Pulling his guns out, he was ready. 

Time to blow off some steam.