Give It Up [122]

Sans is a MONSTER and not a HUMAN, so he doesn't follow HUMAN biology like a HUMAN skeleton. Same with Gaster and Papyrus. 

----------------------------------------------------

"What?! No way!" Chara cried at the robot, who had decided to come back from Sans', Frisk's and Papyrus' house, actually letting them know exactly what Sans and Frisk had told him, Papyrus and Muffet. When the robot had still been at their home, the human girl had decided to come downstairs with her sudden nervous boyfriend, and the three others had just watched them in confusion - especially Papyrus - because he had been worried as to whatever was wrong with his older brother, and as to why he had been acting so strange. It took Sans awhile, but when he got out the same news he had told Frisk, Papyrus' eyes had almost popped out of his skull as he gasped in shock (and happiness) for his brother, while Muffet and Mettaton stared with interest.

"Of course when they go away that's when they have to get pregnant." Chara grumbled, seeming disappointed that she couldn't talk to Frisk about all of this, with her being too far away and meanwhile she was stuck here, in the Mafia headquarters actually finding herself missing her older (non-biological) sister. Everyone had been missing her, especially Toriel, who had enjoyed being a mother figure to her, she couldn't blame her mom for feeling sad about it, she was too. "Though admittedly I was expecting Sans to get her pregnant, not the other way around. Funny how things can go." Chara laughed, while the robot chuckled and nodded in agreement. 

"Though, it is a bit of a concern..." Toriel decided to speak up, who was currently at the headquarters herself, seeing as it got easily lonely nowadays on days where the kids weren't home, and Asgore had to work doing his job. To her surprise, her husband actually had been trying harder to try and get time outside of work, even if that time was still rare... But as much as it still frustrated her, she could see that he was trying. Upon her saying what she said, Chara and Mettaton glanced at her in confusion, wondering as to what in the world she meant.

"What do you mean?" Chara decided to ask.

"Well, Sans' soul isn't exactly in amazing condition." Toriel pointed out with a small thoughtful frown as she remembered the day all the way back when the idiot had sent himself into a coma, and she had to deal with giving him medical treatment that day. Frisk had been outside the room at the time, as she had asked Frisk to wait. But when she had to connect an IV drip that contained magic to his soul, she saw the mangled state that it was in, with all those cracks and the fact it didn't even glow as bright as it was supposed to. "It makes me wonder if he would even manage to carry it through... Let alone have the child." Toriel spoke, now getting worried glances from Chara at such a thing.

"But that's just me speculating!" Toriel decided to add quickly, noticing how troubled Chara appeared when she had said that, while Mettaton was now looking thoughtful at her words. She didn't want to scare everyone into thinking that maybe the child that they could possibly have might die, or he might die trying to have the child but... It was definitely risky in her opinion. Maybe it was best to let Sans and Frisk know that before they carried this too far. It's not that she didn't want them to have a family, (even if it was a shocker and she was somewhat frustrated they hadn't been more careful), she only wanted them to remain safe, knowing they would be heartbroken if such a tragedy happened.

Back at home, even though it had been days later since the news, it was very clear that the trio living in the house were still feeling weird and shocked about this whole ordeal. Truthfully, Papyrus' reaction had been a tiny bit amusing to watch to Frisk, just because he had been so shocked. "WHAT?!?!" He had yelled out in surprise, while leaping up from his seat almost ready to give Sans a hug of congratulations. Of course when Papyrus hugged him, Sans told him to be a bit careful as they had almost stumbled over from the amount of enthusiasm Papyrus had used in the hug. After that his little brother began quickly apologising, only for Sans to reassure him over and over that it was fine.