Carry Through [125]

Sans is a MONSTER and not a HUMAN, so he doesn't follow HUMAN biology like a HUMAN skeleton. Same with Gaster and Papyrus  

Also, sorry for my lack of updates the past few days! Been super busy and super tired a lot so it's been harder to find the time/energy/motivation to write. But I'm still getting parts out whenever I can! ^-^

-----------------------------------------------

As Frisk had promised, considering she had to spend her time working when Sans had been sitting at the table, clearly wanting to continue the conversation they had been having, (while also being extremely nervous to do so at the same time), the human girl found herself snuggling up to her boyfriend in their bed, after a nice warm shower and some lovely, well made food from the younger brother, Papyrus. For a short while, Frisk led in Sans' arms, while the two of them didn't say a word, as they were laying comfortably with each other in comfortable silence. Even when neither of them spoke a word, just being in each other's presence was already enough to make the couple smile to themselves.

"So... We should probably continue talking about what we were talking about earlier, when I was working..." Frisk mentioned, eventually knowing that she had to break the peaceful silence that had fallen upon them. Time was everything in their current situation, and figuring things out was important. "So, is it decided that the next time Muffet and Mettaton come here that we'll have to ask them to take us back? We'll be able to stay in this house, right?" Frisk questioned, kind of hoping that they could stay living here, as much as she had liked being with everyone else. It was just...

At the end of the day, her and Sans were going to become a family, if all went to plan and nothing went horribly, horribly wrong. The city, with all the trouble they got themselves into back there, just felt like a place that wasn't the best for raising their child. Staying here, it did mean that Sans wouldn't really be able to have any involvement with the Mafia anymore, and it made her wonder if that was a sacrifice he was forever willing to make if it meant having a safer life and making sure their child grew up well. If they weren't on the run from Undyne, maybe he could have always still been involved in his job, being able to drive back to the city to see everyone else, but because of their unlucky run in with the fish, they couldn't go back there without it being extremely secret. 

"i suppose so..." Sans had agreed, as before he had already said that it appeared to him they didn't really have much of a choice on what they needed to do to begin with. Even if they chose not to go back to the city to talk to Gaster, and they just stayed here in their friendly little neighbourhood with their ideal house, not worrying about anything... Something could always go wrong, and they would be regretting it when their lives ended up getting torn apart, like a bulldozer destroying all their hard work that they had put into their relationship up until this point.

"Right... There's still more I need to know about though." Frisk mentioned, going to sit up and pull herself out of the skeleton's arms. With her sitting up, the skeleton slowly decided to do the same, leaning his back against his own pillow, while Frisk thought for a few seconds, staring down at the bed covers that were covering the both of them, until she looked back at her skeletal boyfriend. "How long will you remain pregnant for? Wow, it's still so weird saying that to you." She giggled for a moment, earning a small, weak chuckle out of Sans, whose pupils glanced elsewhere in thought.

"uh... i think it's about... 7 months. two less than ya humans." He said in a teasing, joking tone. But honestly, while trying to joke about it, such a thing made him fucking terrified because, without a doubt, time would fly by and before they knew it, everything would be happening, (as even 9 months for humans flew by quickly)! He went on to explain that was just because monsters tended to develop somewhat quicker than humans, especially with their magic. That's why it was a good idea to preserve magic, rather than use it, as it could potentially be damaging towards the child if you used too much magic. 

"Okay... 7 months... That's quite a while. If we make time matter, then it will be okay. I think once we get this whole visit to Gaster out the way, and we find out ways to avoid an emotionally painful situation, we might be okay." At least she hoped so, considering when she looked at the skeleton, even now she could still see the look of fear in his eyes, even when he tried to hide how afraid he was. "Oh, Sans..." She decided to gently bring him in for a hug, which at first he hesitated to return, at least until he did return it, wrapping his arms around her body. He hated that even when he tried to hide it, she recognised how scared he was; he must have really been that obvious.

Maybe now it was only so difficult to hide feelings and emotions from her, because perhaps by now, she probably knew him much better than anyone else. Heck, it was a possibility she knew him better than his own father or brother ever could, which was saying a lot when they were part of his own family. But he had never been around his dad as much, or Papyrus when he had been avoiding him a lot, and he had invested a lot of his time, (at first, unwillingly), into being alongside Frisk. That may have been the cause behind why he could never tend to hide his discomfort anymore in situations, and ever since they had soul bonded, they felt closer than ever before. 

Part of him knew that he shouldn't have been trying to hide his fearfulness, that he should just admit it to his loving girlfriend who would only show him love, care and sympathy for how he was feeling. But then at the same time his side that still wanted to act like he was invincible didn't want any pity, or to be treated like he was a small child who couldn't stop crying over small little things. This wasn't a small thing though, was it? He could try to act tough, he could try to act like he was unfazed... However, maybe in this situation, just for once, it was okay to allow himself to feel afraid. 

Thinking such a thing made him cling to Frisk a little tighter, which she noticed as she gently went to kiss him on top of his skull, and after that, she had decided to start softly humming to him, as if to comfort him with how tense he was feeling. Matter of fact, his thoughts and nervousness had actually made him stiffen up, and it was making him feel somewhat nauseous, (normally stress didn't make him nauseous, but he felt like it was because of this whole... Soul pregnancy thing). Thanks to Frisk voice though, he slowly found himself starting to relax within her arms, as he closed his eyes and only tried to focus on nothing but just her voice. Her soothing, velvety voice, that made him feel safe; far away from any kind of danger.

Blair had never managed to make him feel this at peace, this tranquil. He knew from time to time he made a lot of comparisons between his old relationship and the one he had now, but that was only because sometimes... He did have to remind himself that things were better for him now than they were back then. They were better for him now, than things had ever been. He never wanted to give up this life with Frisk for anything, even if they were on this whole other scary adventure now, getting ready to become parents. He wouldn't ever give up Frisk, even if his stupid, pathetic, worrisome mind had tried to break up with her on the day he confessed what was going on with him and his soul. They would figure all of this out, without a doubt. They had to. 

Because he had to carry this thing through.