Hired [114]

Sans is a MONSTER and not a HUMAN, so he doesn't follow HUMAN biology like a HUMAN skeleton. Same with Gaster and Papyrus.     

-------------------------------------------------

Actually managing to get the interview just to be a waitress at a small cafe place had been the single most terrifying moment of Frisk's life... Well, actually, she had said that phrase about many things that had happened in her life, (this probably was on the lower spectrum of 'terrifying'), but it was at least nerve wracking, even though some other girl who appeared to work at the cafe told her not to be so nervous, that the people who would be interviewing her would be lovely people, that they wouldn't be so unbelievably harsh or try to catch her out, knowing how tough interviews could be. And to her surprise, they actually had been fairly friendly, which made her feel extremely comfortable in their presence. 

Papyrus had also got an interview at the same place after her to be able to cook foods for anyone who decided to buy meals or small portions of food when they came into the cafe. Something told Frisk his interview was going to be tougher than hers, as it was a more important job than being a waitress, but she had faith in him. Sans on the other hand, was just sitting at one of the tables in the cafe, sitting right in the corner out of the way of everyone, as he wanted to hear how things went for Frisk and his little bro, and he didn't really like the idea of staying all alone in that big house. 

He felt so dumb, feeling like a clingy idiot who couldn't have stayed at the house alone, even though before he had no issues with being that way when he had been in his own apartment. He felt like a child, rather than an independent 21 year old who needed to hold onto his girlfriend's hand for emotional support. He sighed. Perhaps it was just everything that had happened lately that had shook him up a little, that had made him so desperate to try and avoid anything going wrong in any kind of way possible. 

That day of being found out, he could have almost lost everything: Frisk, his life, Papyrus could have got in immense trouble... And even now, there was always the possibility of their lives going down the drain somehow, if Undyne perhaps found out that they had fled elsewhere. Though, with Mettaton being on the inside, hopefully that robot would be able to keep that annoying fish on her toes for awhile before she realised that they had ran away to a whole other place. 

Emerging from the back of the cafe with her bag hanging over her shoulder, Frisk bounded over towards Sans, appearing in a pretty good mood, which made the skeleton ponder whether or  not the interview went well. "how did it go?" Sans asked, while Frisk smiled from ear to ear, deciding to sit beside Sans at the table, while she told him how the interview went. Without much hesitation, she had exclaimed that it had gone very well.

"I got the job!" Frisk squealed, hugging her boyfriend happily, who chuckled some in return, hugging her back as he claimed that he was happy for her. She seemed super psyched about it so, he was happy for her, even if he didn't totally like the idea of her having such a job, (just cause of the whole uniform thing, some guys just weren't well behaved). Going to pull her bag off of her shoulder, Frisk went to open it to show Sans that they had given her the uniform, which was folded up neatly inside. Of course it was a black dress with a little cute, white apron, what else? 

"i'm sure ya will look adorable in it." Sans complimented her, knowing that she would look fantastic in his opinion. Being a girl with such a nice figure, she could really pull of anything that she wore, and that wasn't even a lie. Course he might just be extremely biased because he was her boyfriend, but he didn't even care, he loved her in anything she wore and somehow she always managed to blow him away. 

"Thank you." Frisk giggled. "Have you thought about what you want to do yet?" Frisk asked, and when the skeleton shook his head with a laid back "no", Frisk softly sighed while she stared out the cafe window in thought towards the sky at what he could possibly do. What would he enjoy? What would he be interested in? "Why don't you work here too? Oooh! You could be a waiter! We could match." Frisk laughed, while Sans rolled his eyes.

"i couldn't see myself doin' such a thing if i'm honest, even if it did mean i'd get to work with ya and see ya in your cute uniform all day..." Sans joked, seeing Frisk softly blush at such a comment as he looked around the room in thought, at least until his pupils wandered back to her face and he exhaled. "i couldn't see myself doin' such a thing. i'm not good with strangers, so i'd probably get my ass fired in a matter of hours or days from just one person complainin'. and i don't wanna ruin it for ya... i'll try to find somethin', and i guess if i can't... i'll give in and join ya guys if i really have to." Sans continued, seeing Frisk nod at that, saying that she knew he could find a job.

The issue wasn't just finding one, it was working out what the fuck he was meant to do with his life while they were here. But... He would figure it out, right? Snapping out of his thoughts, he saw his brother Papyrus also joyfully walk back into the room, over to their table. The same process that had been done with Frisk, Sans asked how it had went for him, and Papyrus also said it went good - that he got hired. Overjoyed for him, Frisk whooped while Sans gave him the thumbs up, saying he knew that he could do it.

Now though, this meant that they would likely be working almost every day of the week, which meant he would be stuck at the house a lot of the time by himself. He would have to get used to it, instead of being a big baby about it. Honestly, he wished he could kick himself and tell himself to relax, that things were fine, that they were safe here, and that they wouldn't be hauled off to jail here. It was fine... Everything was fine.

Noticing the skeleton's anxiety, Frisk gently grabbed his hand that was resting on the table; this brought him back to the real world as his pupils looked towards her and he gave her a small smile, as if to say he would be okay. He would be okay after they had lived here for awhile, he wouldn't feel like he would constantly have to be on guard for the worst case scenario all the damn time. That was why he was so on edge; he felt like he was unable to totally relax at the moment with everything that had gone on. But he would get there, he would stop stressing...

Leaving the cafe, Frisk and Papyrus spoke about how excited they were about their new jobs, while Sans just listened to them, walking hand in hand with Frisk while she and his brother talked. At least Papyrus and her would be working together, which meant she had at least someone he trusted with her, knowing Papyrus would also want to keep Frisk safe (as she was his friend). Tomorrow would be their first day at work where they would get to meet new people, make new friends... He'd be stuck at home probably, unfortunately. But that was fine.

He would just have to find a job.