Couple [49]

"To me, it looks like someone had a rough night." 

Who said that? Oh, right. Chara. Sans had been sitting all alone at one of the tables in the corner of the main Mafia room. He felt utterly exhausted, with dark circles lining underneath his eye sockets. It didn't help that because of last night, he didn't get much sleep. He was worried about having those strange dreams again. It felt so wrong to dream about Frisk like that, when they weren't even together. 

"how did ya guess?" He grumbled, before seeing her and even Asriel - who he hadn't noticed until now, sit at the table with them, appearing to be eating food. He had been feeling a little hungry, even if he had a bag of popcorn at early hours of the morning. Right now however, he didn't have much of an appetite.

"The dark circles for one. Not to mention you seem grumpy." Asriel pointed out for the human girl, who nodded in agreement at his statement. Were they expecting Sans to tell them the truth? Because no way in hell was he going to tell these two about his feelings for Frisk. Firstly, he knew Chara would give him the "I told you so" talk, and secondly, they'd probably spread it around, including to Frisk. He couldn't stand such a thing happening. It would be as if he had been sent to hell itself for everyone to mock him for eternity.

"Oh, well cheer up. Toriel is coming by today. She wants to say something - not just to you but to Grillby and Gaster too. And Asgore I guess." Chara shrugged. She didn't know if their goat mom would talk to their father, considering those two didn't seem like they were on much of a talkative basis lately. "Basically, one of her monster friends invited her to a party. But the monster who asked her, is apparently quite a big deal. It's gonna be a huge party. The reason Toriel wants some of us to be there because there's the chance that a few members of the CIA might be there. Not that they'll know we're part of the Mafia but... Just in case anything goes down." Chara explained. "But overall, in a nutshell, Toriel really just wants us to have a night where we're all having fun and not doing... Well, this." She glanced around the room.

Frowning, Sans was already almost ready to decline the idea of going to some kind of party. With how much that had been going on, he wasn't exactly in a party kind of mood. Before Sans had got to decline, another voice spoke up, who hadn't been part of the conversation before.

"What's this about a party?" They spoke from behind Chara and Asriel. Sans shot up into an upright sitting position in his seat - as he had been resting his chin in his hand and he had been leaning over the table. It was Frisk, alongside Andrew. Immediately, the jealousy felt like it was setting in again. 

"Oh, hi Frisk!" Asriel smiled at her over his shoulder. "Didn't Toriel tell you about it?" 

"No. Not yet anyway. She did say she would tell me, but she told me to go in while she was busy parking the car." Frisk explained. Chara exhaled, frustrated that she had already explained the whole thing to Sans. Now she had to explain the same thing to the clueless other female, and Andrew. When she explained, they understood.

"Oh... I see." Frisk nodded, before the goat boy spoke up once more. 

"You two seem pretty close, don't you?" He randomly said, catching everyone by surprise. What he hadn't noticed though was that the two were actually holding hands. That's when Chara let out a gasp of shock, seeming to piece everything together. For a moment, she glanced back at Sans who didn't say a word, nor did he try to make it obvious how he was feeling. Then, she glanced back to Andrew and Frisk.

"Wait, you two?" Chara pointed at them both. At their nod, it was difficult to cover up how surprised she was. Just because she hadn't been expecting it. It was as if it was just yesterday that the girl had a massive crush on that skeleton, now she was with Andrew. Chara was happy that she was happy, but at the same time it just felt weird. Seeing as she had imagined perhaps one day Sans would turn around and change his mind, and those two would become a couple. But... Apparently not.

"Anyway, it was nice talking to you guys. We're going to go find Toriel. She's probably talking to Grillby or something." With that said, the couple headed off together, and that's when Sans let out a sigh as he frowned. Both Chara and Asriel glanced towards each other, before looking back at Sans. 

"Did you know that she was in a couple with Andrew?" Chara asked.

"oh, believe me. i was the first to know. i got fuckin' first row seats to their first kiss." Sans grumbled, earning and eyebrow raise from the two staring back at him. They were confused as to why he seemed so frustrated and mad. Why wasn't he glad that Frisk had moved on to some other guy? Rather than crushing on him. Unless... Unless... 

"Wait, Sans..." Chara paused. "Do you... Do you have feelings for Frisk now?" She questioned. Sans didn't want to answer that question, because he knew that he wouldn't be able to tell a convincing lie right now. If he stayed silent, he knew it would look just as bad, and just as obvious as to what the truth was. What could he possibly say though? He had nothing.

"if you're gonna tell me i told ya so, then i don't wanna hear it... i'm not in the mood..." Sans growled. Chara gasped.

"You do!" She exclaimed. "I knew it!" 

"i said--"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. For how long!? How long have you liked her for?! I thought you said that you didn't love her!"

"yeah, why don't ya say that louder. i'm sure the whole world can't hear ya.

"Sorry... But... Seriously? When?"

Really? Did she expect him to give her all the details? He wasn't exactly comfortable talking about this, and he hated that they now knew too, along with his father. It was only a matter of time before more and more people knew and it would get spread to Frisk. He didn't want her to know. If anything he wanted these feelings to die inside him and never be known. Seeing as they wouldn't matter to her. He saw how much it had hurt her for him to have rejected her. He didn't want to go through that same situation.

"ugh... can we just stop talkin' about this? please?"

"Fine, fine." Chara exhaled. 

Now all Sans was thinking about was that stupid party Chara had brought up. Members of the CIA could possibly be there, huh? That meant his brother would likely be there, along with that fish lady and anyone else who might have liked to come along. Truthfully, Sans didn't want to go. He didn't want to take the risk with Papyrus' teammates being there. But then again, it gave him the chance to see his little brother, and to give those people close to him a good impression, so that they would be less likely to think ill of him. 

Hopefully a party wouldn't be so bad.