Believe [73]

"You must be pretty excited for your date, huh?" Grillby was asking the skeleton, as the two friends were conversing in his bar, while Andrew was busy cleaning glass cups. The reason the flame monster had been one to point this out was because: Sans probably had the widest smile on his face that Grillby had ever seen. It was almost alien to see him so cheerful; Frisk was the cause of that. Which made the monster glad to see Sans so happy. 

"well, of course. it is her birthday. i want it to be special for her." Sans murmured, after having taken a sip of his drink that was in his hand, while he rested his chin in his other hand, looking quite thoughtful. As if he was wondering how the evening might possibly go. He hoped they would both enjoy themselves. That it wouldn't be boring and be filled with nothing but awkward silences. The last thing he wanted was to give Frisk a terrible, terrible 20th birthday. 

"That's clear. Judging by how thoughtful you seem." Grillby joked. The entire time, Andrew was staying silent as he moved on to cleaning some dishes. Inside his chest, his heart practically ached a little at the fact that he was no longer the one who could do nice things for Frisk. He couldn't spend romantic evenings with her, he couldn't get her gifts on valentine's day, or just do any of that couple stuff that he wanted to do. While it hurt for him however, he still had to respect Frisk's wishes. She was happy with Sans. He always had to tell himself if she was happy with him, then he was happy for her. He had to be her supportive friend. 

"heh, right. i better get goin'." Sans said, getting up from his seat, leaving most of his drink not drank. Really he was looking forward to his and Frisk's date a lot, and he didn't want to eat or drink too much to the point he'd easily feel full at the restaurant they were going to together. "have fun with the cleanin'." He joked, while Grillby softly smiled as he watched him leave.

"You have fun too. Just not too much fun." The flame monster had joked back, earning a sarcastic laugh before he left. As if. Tonight wasn't even about that. It was just about spending a really nice date with Frisk for her birthday. Considering she probably hadn't had a nice birthday in God knows how long, seeing as she had been living on the street before meeting all of them. She deserved a lovely romantic evening, for just being an amazing woman. 

When getting to Toriel's, Sans simply waited outside the front door as he was told Frisk was almost ready and would be out in a moment. It was pretty cold, but seeing as Sans didn't have skin, he didn't really feel it. So it's not like he minded waiting out in the freezing air for a little while for the arrival of his girlfriend. Looking around, Sans' attention had been distracted by the things around him; he was just trying to find some way to entertain himself while he waited. Soon he heard Frisk's voice in front of him, so he turned to look, and it was difficult to stop the soft blush from appearing on his cheekbones. 

Standing in front of him, Frisk had her beautiful brown chestnut hair in slight wavy curls just hanging around her shoulders. She was wearing yet another dress, which was identical to the one she had worn at that party, except this one was completely black. The dress she was wearing really showed off her perfect curves magnificently. She really looked like an angel, it was hard not to stare. "woah... frisk ya look..." He started, looking her up and down. He couldn't help but notice she was wearing some black high heels too. "ya look so elegant. are ya gonna wear a jacket though? it's pretty freezin'.

"You look good too." Frisk giggled, seeing that he was wearing a suit just for the occasion, which was also the same one she recognised him wearing at that party. "And yeah, I'm just going to grab it now. I thought I'd show you what I was wearing before we'd leave. Your reaction was worth it." She giggled, before going to grab her coat off a coat rack that hung literally right next to the door. Pulling her coat over her shoulders, she smiled and stepped out into the cold air alongside her skeletal boyfriend. "I'm going, mom!"