Family [81]

Staring towards the door with uncertainty, Grillby was questioning whether or not Gaster had been hinting that he knew something, or if it had just been his hopeful mind imagining it. However, at the same time if Gaster knew something but hadn't said anything... Was it because he wasn't interested? That was enough to make him extremely fearful. But what if he was actually interested and Grillby was just worrying too much? He didn't know!

"You're looking extremely concerned." Andrew murmured, as he was staring towards the thoughtful flame monster. He may have been extremely exhausted from the lack of sleep, but somehow he just managed to notice how off Grillby had appeared after that older skeleton had left. Though it also scared him how perhaps Grillby worked out something about him, and maybe he knew somehow about how he helped Blair. Even though he couldn't possibly know anything, right? 

"Huh? Oh, right." Grillby nervously smiled back at the confused, tired human, who clearly knew something was wrong with him. The flame monster thought whether to lie just like he had to Gaster, or to admit the truth of what was really going on. Though, he hadn't ever told anyone. Why should the first person exactly be Andrew? Then again... Andrew wasn't really much of a suspicious person in his opinion. He was surprisingly normal for someone who had been in a bad family like he had heard. "I, um... You can keep a secret, right?" Grillby asked.

Really? He had to have more things thrust upon him? Just hearing that he had to keep some kind of secret made him anxious. He hated having to hide what was going on between him and Blair - how he was helping her. Hoping that this wasn't some kind of horrible dark secret, Andrew exhaled. "I guess so. It's not a bad secret, is it?" Andrew asked, seeing the bewildered look from the monster. But then Grillby shook his head.

"Not exactly. I..." Grillby hesitated, until he exhaled. "In a nutshell, I have feelings for Gaster." He admitted, which made a look that said "Ohhh" appear across Andrew's face. So it wasn't some kind of awful, deep, dark secret. All it simply was was that this guy had feelings for someone else. How sweet. Sleepily smiling, Andrew spoke.

"So, why don't you tell him? I know it's easier said than done to tell someone your feelings. After all, when being interested in Frisk, I found it difficult to tell her. Because I knew at one point she had had feelings for Sans. And I didn't want to make a move if it turned out she was still upset." He shrugged. And it turned out in the end Frisk did still care for Sans like that. But he was slowly coming to accept that it was the way it was. Time was all he needed to continue getting over her. Maybe he would be okay.

"Isn't it obvious?" Grillby questioned, not expecting an answer from him, and instead he continued to talk. "What if he said no? I've been friends-- best friends with him since forever. Since we were young teens. I couldn't ruin things with him now." Grillby murmured. If he lost Gaster, he would forever feel like an idiot for thinking the skeleton man felt the same for him. He wasn't really anyone that great. And for all he knew Gaster was very likely straight. He would only make himself look even more like an idiot if it turned out Gaster was just straight. 

"Well... I hope you earn the strength to one day tell him. You never really know what he'll say. You can predict it, but you can't really know for sure." Andrew shrugged, before sighing. "...I'm really exhausted. I think I'm going to go for a lie down. Can I bring some food with me though to eat?" Andrew asked. Though, it wasn't really for himself. Unfortunately. Nodding, Grillby didn't mind cooking some  food for Andrew. He set to doing so, before giving him the plate full of food. He smiled when Andrew thanked him and went to leave. But then he was only deep in thought about what the boy had said.  He wasn't sure he had what it took to tell Gaster the truth... As much as he wanted to...

Elsewhere, Sans had actually just arrived the Dreemurr household, and had a pretty great surprise when he arrived there. There was a face he hadn't been expecting to see, and he could tell that Toriel didn't seem too impressed herself. At the house, was none other than Asgore Dreemurr. Which made Sans question: who the heck was running things at the headquarters at the moment. But it might have possibly been someone who he just trusted with the responsibility. 

"oh, hey asgore. what a surprise it is to see ya here." The skeleton commented. Even though he figured perhaps his harsh words towards the goat might have actually gotten to him. Which he found surprising; he had expected his boss to ignore him and not really care about what he had to say.  Toriel rolled her eyes as she was staring towards the male goat with a look of frustration, while Frisk, Chara and Asriel stood with looks of concern that their parents were going to begin arguing. 

"Yeah, he only just showed up a couple of minutes before you. He hasn't been inside this home for God knows how long, and only now he decides to visit?" Toriel complained, earning a look from Asgore Sans had never actually seen before. A look of... Maybe guilt? And sadness? Weirdly enough it reminded him of... Himself? When being in the Mafia, he hadn't really cared for much. Though, it was more his experiences with Blair and his father going missing that had fucked him up. 

"Perhaps I should leave if you would prefer to not have me here?" Asgore replied, and Toriel looked even angrier, looking like she was about to give the most acid filled reply she could ever give. To stop her, Chara and Asriel spoke up, not wanting their father to leave. Even though they had been mad at their dad for never coming home, they wanted him to stay during the one time they had the chance to get him to. 

"No, please stay, dad!" Chara said, while Asriel also spoke in agreement. Both goat parents looked at their children with expressions of surprise, and Frisk and Sans shared a glance themselves. Sans could tell Frisk hoped Asgore would stay, that maybe Toriel would not try to get rid of Asgore. Wanting to try and help the situation, rather than make it worse (especially because it would make Frisk feel better), Sans decided to speak up once more.

"i think ya should let him stay." Sans agreed, feeling all eyes land on him. "i know he hasn't exactly been the best dad. or the best husband. but maybe ya could try to give him a chance. frisk still gave me a chance, even though i had been terrible towards her." Sans smiled towards Frisk, who beamed back in return. "maybe ya should do the same for him. ya two obviously still love each other after all.

Debating what to say, Toriel was silent for a few seconds. Then, she exhaled in defeat, her eyebrows still slightly being creased in annoyance. As it seemed, everyone else wanted that insufferable man to stay. Yes, perhaps she still loved him, and curse her for doing so after all the times he would not listen to her about being less involved in his work. But just because she still loved him, did not mean she would happily accept him being her husband again with open arms - even if they were still married and hadn't yet gotten a divorce. 

"Fine. You can stay." Toriel said, seeing her children's face's light up, while Asgore looked at her: shocked. "Don't be mistaken. This isn't me saying we're back together again. You have to prove yourself to me. But if you don't want to bother, then you can go away back to work right now." Toriel told him bluntly. Frisk was relieved that Toriel was at least giving Asgore a chance, she just hoped the man would not screw it up. Because clearly Toriel didn't have much patience to be messed around.

"I will try to prove myself, Tori. I promise." Asgore answered, while Toriel glared back at him, likely for the nickname. And how correct you would be to think that, as she returned with her own words:

"Don't 'Tori' me. I'm not your 'Tori'. Not until you do prove yourself." She growled, until she exhaled and looked towards the oven where a pie was currently cooking for desert. "Now, everyone sit down. Sans, will you be staying for dinner?" Toriel wondered. Frisk looked at her boyfriend, smiling at him, wanting him to have dinner with them. He didn't mind staying at all if he got to stay at his girlfriend's side. 

"sure. why not?" Sans nodded. 

With that said, everyone began to retreat to the table to sit down and eat. Everyone but Toriel, as she was going to begin serving out the lunch. When she had done that, she joined her family at the table. And that is where everyone broke down into eating their food and conversation. Just enjoying each other's company.