New People [14]

She knew that if she wasn't going to drive herself completely insane, somehow she had to try and live a more normal life on the side while dealing with the Mafia. It just depended whether or not the skeleton that seemed to keep watch over her would let her. Then again, did she really need to ask for his permission? If she woke up before him, she could always sneak out and wander around town, looking at shops to shop at. She didn't currently have any money on her, as Sans was the one with all the money it seemed, but that was fine. She just knew that she had to get out of the apartment and have time to herself. Otherwise she was going to go crazy. Especially after the argument that she had had with Sans in the car the other night. 

A couple of days had already passed since that night, and it was clear that things were now extremely uncomfortable between the two once again. Frisk wouldn't talk to him, and he wouldn't really say anything either. They'd silently eat breakfast, the only sound being the thing to break that silence was the crunching of their cereal, being broken up into little chewy bits from their teeth. Apart from that, nothing. There was no conversation there. It was like they had never even spoken to begin with. Like it was the first meeting all over again.

Anyway, back to sneaking out. Thinking that she could have successfully sneaked out without him noticing was foolish, because it was almost like he had an all seeing eye, which had scared the hell out of her that morning. When she had woken up, she had tried to get ready as quietly as possible, before eating breakfast and then tiptoeing to the door. Only to be interrupted by a voice saying "where do ya think you're sneakin' off to?" behind her. She had almost jumped out of her skin, not expecting her plan to be so easily foiled. Biting down on her bottom lip, she tried to think of an excuse. No, she wasn't going to act upset or scared. She was sick of Sans giving her shit. With a huff, she turned around to face him.

"What does it look like? I was going out." Frisk said, speaking in a tone as if she was pointing out the complete obvious. "What's it to you?"

"what do ya mean: what's it to me? it's my apartment. and if you're forgettin', i have to keep an eye on ya.

"Why!? Why can't you just let me out of this apartment, or let me away from following you around like a lost puppy?! You don't care what happens to me so whatever. And it's not like I'm going to tell anyone about you being in the Mafia." Frisk grumbled. She wasn't that cruel. She was mad at the skeleton, but not enough that she felt like she'd have to ruin his life. He still had Gaster to save, and it meant a lot to that flame monster too. She didn't want to get in the way of that. 

He stood with uncertainty, not seeming so sure that he could trust her going out alone. Just because she said she would be silent didn't really mean that she would be, did it? Maybe... Maybe he could let her think that she was going out alone, but keep an eye on her from afar. But then he had things to do, like trying to find out where the hell Gaster was. He didn't want to have to keep babysitting this kid. He exhaled. "alright, fine. go out, just don't go gettin' yourself into trouble, 'cause i ain't helpin' ya. i've helped ya enough already.

"Fine by me!" Frisk snapped back, before heading out of the apartment and closing the door behind her. Sans was stood for a moment, not saying a word until he sighed to himself.

"man..." He muttered under his breath, scratching the back of his skull. He really had bothered Frisk that much, huh? It felt like just days ago (seeing as it had been) that she had been completely quiet and just shut up when told to do so. Now instead she was giving him attitude, not even seeming scared of him possibly doing anything to her with the way she acted. Maybe she realised that he couldn't do anything; he really did mean to keep his promise, that he would look after Frisk. She was making it hard though.