Distant [120]

Sans is a MONSTER and not a HUMAN, so he doesn't follow HUMAN biology like a HUMAN skeleton. Same with Gaster and Papyrus.   

-------------------------------------------------

To be honest, Frisk found it difficult to enjoy work as much when she knew her boyfriend wasn't  feeling very well at home. Knowing him, he probably would get bored laying in bed all day, and might decide to get up while she was at work, knowing that she was unable to force him to stay underneath the covers to keep warm. Of course, while she fretted, the monster continued on to tell her not to worry about him, that he would be okay. He could look after himself when he wasn't feeling well, he had to before, so he was fine doing it again. 

She just didn't know if she was okay with it; somehow she had to respect his wishes and hope with all her heart and soul that he would be in good health without her. But... Her soul just wanted her to worry. She never really paid attention to her soul before, never even knew it was possible to feel it, or that souls even existed until she met Sans and he started explaining things to her. Now, ever since bonding her soul with Sans', all it wanted to do was think of Sans. The possibility of him suffering alone if she was unable to help him.

More days passed, and as she expected, Sans was getting out of bed even when he should have been resting. It had been a day longer than she had been unwell, and he was more grumpy than normal, weirdly distant, and to tell the truth it was a little difficult to deal with, just because she wasn't used to him acting this way towards her anymore. Sure, sometimes he could complain and growl now and then, but that hardly ever happened nowadays. Now, sometimes when she was at home, it was as if she was looking into a portal of the past where Sans was frustrated all of the time, and he didn't want to be bothered.

Maybe he was fed up of feeling unwell, and that was the conclusion she had drawn. She couldn't blame him for being mad about it, but at the same time she wished he would realise that she was right there for him to get him whatever he needed to help him feel a little better. Thankfully, to disrupt the misery from the skeleton, two visitors decided to show up, that being Muffet and Mettaton once again, just there to check up on them.

"Oh dear, what's got this skeleton in a sour mood?" Mettaton had wondered, as they were all in the living room and Sans was curled up in the corner of the couch, seeming to keep to himself, even during this conversation when it was about him. Papyrus spoke up, saying that he was feeling under the weather, so he was pretty miserable at the moment. He likely hadn't expected to feel bad for this long, and probably hoped it would pass pretty quickly, but it hadn't. 

"IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU THOUGH, METTATON, MUFFET. HOW ARE THINGS BACK AT HOME?" Papyrus decided to ask, mostly towards the robot, who smiled, as he mentioned he actually had some news to tell them. And that was what he had told the others back at the headquarters - for the time being Undyne had seemed to let go of looking for Sans, Frisk or Papyrus, and that she would focus on other things. Hearing this, both Frisk and Papyrus smiled widely, being delighted by such news. Sans wasn't paying attention to the conversation, so he didn't react at all.

"WOWIE! THAT'S AMAZING NEWS!" Papyrus whooped, glad that it seemed like it was more definite that they would remain more safe for the moment in time. That Undyne wouldn't be looking for them around every bend and every corner of the country or something like that. They were actually free to live their lives without having to stress so much about the fish tracking them down, and that was amazing to them.

"It really is. Now you dears can live for the time being as you please." Muffet told them.

"That's so great! Sans, did you hear what he said? We're going to be okay!" Frisk told her boyfriend, who snapped out of spacing out and he glanced towards her, once again not really even seeming to react. Well, he said a confused sort of "huh, what?", which caused Frisk to repeat herself just as excitedly, however his reaction to what she had said appeared flat, as if he suddenly wasn't interested.