Transformation [106]

Sans is a MONSTER and not a HUMAN, so he doesn't follow HUMAN biology like a HUMAN skeleton. Same with Gaster and Papyrus.

Also, sorry for not updating in a few days. Haven't been as motivated to write lately, so sorry if this chapter isn't as good. Plus might not have as much free time for a little while.

----------------------------------------

Being changed into a human being for 24 hours? That was something that Sans questioned was even possible, even for his father who was without a doubt amazing at what he did. He just didn't get how such a thing would even work, and even began to question if it would be a painful process. Something like that did admittedly make him nervous for such a thing to happen, if that were to be the case. But surely if it were to hurt, his dad would tell him beforehand.

Matter of fact, Sans was out of bed in a number of days, knowing he was starting to get extremely restless the longer and longer they stayed here. Without a doubt, Undyne would still be looking around for him and Frisk, and they couldn't hide down here forever, hoping to always manage to avoid her. Not just that, but he and Frisk didn't deserve to be trapped, hiding away in the mafia headquarters for the rest of their lives. How were they supposed to live like that?

He didn't understand how Gaster expected to happily live like that, at least until he actually took the time to properly think about it. If Sans was to suggest that he could go with them, then what about Grillby? Sans knew that his father wouldn't want to leave him, especially with them not only being the best of friends, but actually being together. It was sweet. Not just that, but there was also Papyrus. The older brother did not want to take Papyrus with them, knowing how dangerous it could be. Not that he didn't believe Papyrus couldn't look out for himself, but...

Being afraid of not being able to protect his brother was what made him want Papyrus to remain here, with their father, where he might be more looked after. What angered him more than anything, was the fact that despite these wishes, Papyrus wanted to try and invite himself into coming along with them. He couldn't allow that.

"how many times, do i have to say no, papyrus?" Sans questioned, as he was actually staring into a mirror in the restroom of the headquarters, as he had been thinking about how different he might possibly look with actual skin and normal eyes. He just hoped he didn't have to look like a travesty for 24 hours if they were to go with Gaster's plan, (which the scientist was still working on in this current moment).

"SO YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LEAVE ME HERE? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, SANS? I CAN'T REALLY LIVE MY LIFE HERE AFTER WHAT HAPPENED. I'D BE ARRESTED ON THE SPOT." Papyrus explained, knowing that he had messed up his own future. However, he saw it as being worth it, as he had been able to protect his family and stop Sans from dying. If he hadn't managed to arrive on time, Frisk might have been killed alongside his older brother. He couldn't have lived with allowing that to happen.

"and whose fault is that?" Sans shot back, going to glance at his little brother with a frown, before proceeding to leave the restroom, with his brother following him behind. He knew his words had probably somewhat hurt Papyrus, considering he saw the expression Papyrus pulled over his shoulder in the mirror. He had looked somewhat saddened that Sans had said that to him, despite what he had just been thinking, (that him showing up had been a good thing).

Telling Sans that he and Frisk would have been dead if it wasn't for him, he also continued. "ARE YOU REALLY JUST GOING TO LET US GET SEPARATED AGAIN?" Papyrus asked, seeing his older brother stop in his tracks at those words. Papyrus proceeded to do the same, staring at the back of Sans' skull with sadness, at least until Sans turned around to face him, with a frown spread across his face. Exhaling, Sans shrugged.

"believe me. i don't like the idea of bein' separated from ya again either, after spendin' years avoidin' ya. but it could be dangerous... and what about dad? he'd miss ya too ya know." Sans mentioned. Honestly. What would he do if he wasn't able to protect this taller skeleton? He would never forgive himself in a million years if he let harm come to him. He felt bad enough that Papyrus' future had been ruined because of him, blasted into smithereens, never to be reached again. Had he continued staying away from his little brother, Papyrus might actually still have a future... It was his fault. 

"I KNOW IT COULD BE DANGEROUS. DON'T YOU THINK TRYING TO SAVE YOU AND FRISK WAS DANGEROUS ENOUGH?" Papyrus pointed out as if that was the most obvious thing in the world to say, while Sans listened to him, his pupils looking elsewhere as if he was hesitating to allow Papyrus to come with him. "AND DAD HAS GRILLBY. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT I'M SURE WE'LL FIND SOME KIND OF WAY TO CONTACT EACH OTHER, US AND HIM. PLEASE LET ME COME WITH YOU." Papyrus pleaded one more time. 

Groaning in defeat, Sans eventually finally gave in, after many pleas from his younger brother. Truth be told, Sans did not like the idea at all. He didn't want to drag Papyrus down any more than he already had done, allowing him to spiral even further to his downfall. Though, Papyrus was also old enough to make his own decisions, (his own father decided to later chastise him for), as they were in his lab alongside Frisk several days later, ready to try out his new invention.

"you're sure this will work?" Sans rose an eyebrow towards his dad, who actually smiled towards him and nodded, mentioning how he ran many tests in the time span that he had to be able to quickly make it for the plan. It may not have seemed possible, but Gaster could sometimes manage the impossible in the span of a couple of days. It's why he was the Mafia's scientist. Why he was probably the best scientist known to monster kind. 

"Don't worry, Sans. It'll be okay." Frisk told him, going to go and hold his hand with a small reassuring smile, as she could tell he was somewhat worried. She believed that Gaster knew what he was doing, and she trusted him, considering he was allowing his own son to be a part of this. Well, sons. Gaster wasn't the biggest fan of allowing Papyrus to go himself, but he knew that being stuck down here was no way for anyone to live. 

With a sigh, Sans gently squeezed Frisk's hand, thanking her for her support, before he detached his hand from hers and he went to step into the machine. With how nervous he felt, he decided to try and focus on Frisk's bright smile, as she seemed confident he was going to be okay. When he heard Gaster ask: "Are you ready?" he took a moment, until he nodded with a small "yeah." 

Everything after that was kind of a blur. The two monsters and the human watched the machine with interest, as there was a bit of a flash, and some smoke even began to fill up the machine that Sans was standing inside. Frisk was holding her hands behind her back in hope that this thing would work properly, that Sans would not come out harmed. But she just had to continue thinking as positively as she had been.

When the machine seemed to have finished what it was doing, the glass door slid open, allowing the smoke that had been sitting inside to pour out, causing the three observers to cough and splutter, while waiting for the smoke to disappear. Frisk out of the three of them was the first to open and widen her eyes in shock when she saw the result of Gaster's invention. When stepping into the machine, Sans had been his normal, skeletal, handsome self. Now... He had bright blue eyes, normal but slightly pale skin, along with some colour in his cheeks, and spiky hair that was as white as snow. 

He had actually been turned into a human.