Save the Kai, save the future

Goku and Mae watched in horror as Zamasu struck Gowasu down. "That's the proof we needed. Whis it's time." Beerus said to his attendant.

"Yes my lord." Whis touched his staff to the ground twice reversing time by three minutes. "I see you've forgotten my time reversal."

Goku and Mae sighed in relief as Whis made a mitten and transported them back to where Zamasu and Gowasu were. Just before Zamasu struck the supreme Kai, Whis slipped the mitten over his hand rendering the attack useless.

"Zamasu? What is that?" Gowasu stood and turned to his apprentice.

"What I don't..." Zamasu stuttered before backing up into Lord Beerus.

"Lord Beerus, I thought you had left." Gowasu said in surprise.

"We were going to but is seems your apprentice was trying to end your life." Beerus said glaring at Zamasu.

"In fact if I hadn't put that mitten on him in time then you would be dead." Whis said to the supreme Kai.

"Zamasu! What is the meaning of this?!" Gowasu demanded as the mitten broke apart to show Zamasu's energy blade.

"Fine it's true. I needed you out of my way so I could go about my plans for divine justice." Zamasu explained his evil intentions.

"I thought we had put that to bed!" Gowasu said.

"Perhaps you did but I have never been more clear about my divine mission." Zamasu smiled mischievously.

"Just what does that mean?!" Gowasu asked. He couldn't believe the words his pupil was saying.

When Zamasu refused to answer, Shin did. "Zamasu plans to kill you for the time ring then use that to find the super dragon balls and wish for invincibility. Then once he has that he will wish for a counterfeit Goku and then begin his path of destruction."

"Zuno must have told you a lot but I'm surprised how you figured out the rest of my plan." Zamasu narrowed his eyes at the Kai.

"We've seen the future." Mae said stepping forward.

"We've seen the destruction and chaos you have caused!" Goku said following his daughter.

"So then my dreams have come true in the future! All I need to do is get rid of you meddlers then they will become true in this reality as well!" Zamasu laughed as he brought his energy blade down at Mae.

Beerus stepped in front of her and grabbed the Kai's hand. "Your time is over Kai." Within an instant Zamasu had been destroyed. "I hope that next time you choose your apprentice more wisely." He said turning to Gowasu.

Shortly after, they left returning to earth. When they arrived Whis crashed them into the ground. "Ow ow ow!" Mae said picking herself up.

"Now I know you are doing that on purpose!" Beerus groaned at his attendant.

"Ow Whis that really hurt!" Goku chimed in. "I knew we should've had the supreme Kai take us home."

Whis laughed as the three of them picked themselves up and went to meet with Trunks, who was surprised to learn that Zamasu had been destroyed. While everyone thought that his future would be safe, Trunks had a different idea.

"When we fought the androids my future stayed the same." He explained.

"Maybe nothing changes when lowly mortals mess with time but when I kill a god it will effect all time lines." Beerus crossed his arms and snorted.

"I want to believe you but I will just have to see for myself." Trunks said looking to the ground.

"So you aren't going to take the word of a god?!" Beerus growled. "You certainly are hard headed. I swear what is wrong with you saiyans?!" He continued as Whis led him away.