Casualties

"You're Bulma Briefs, right?" Bethy asked as Bulma inspected the teleporter.

"Yea. Who are you?" Bulma asked.

"My names Bethy. Why do you keep calling that girl Mae?" Bethy asked.

"Because that's her real name. This dark side of her has decided to call herself Drae." Bulma explained. "How did you get here anyway?"

"I ran into her on the street and she looked like she needed help. Then she killed some people and now I'm here. I'm afraid she's gonna kill me so I've just been doing what she says." Bethy said, her hands trembling.

"Hey it's okay. My husband and her father are gonna sort this out." Bulma reassured her. Suddenly a crash on the other side of the city got their attention. They ran out onto the patio and saw smoke coming from a collapsing building as two people fought.

"I thought we weren't involving the city!" Goku yelled as he flew back up.

"I changed my mind." Drae said blocking his kick.

"Why are you doing this?" Goku asked as she went to kick him in the stomach. He blocked it with his knee.

"The question isn't why. It's why not?" Drae grinned. "These people are so pathetic they can't even protect themselves so why not have some fun."

"You aren't this cruel." Goku scowled going in for an attack.

Drae dodged him and flew down to the people. "I'll show you how cruel I can be." She grabbed a man by his throat and lifted him up. "Tell me, would you rather fall to your death or be crushed to death?"

"Mae put him down!" Goku commanded.

"It's Drae! Now let the man speak!" Drae said turning her attention to her hostage. "So what'll it be?"

"F-falling." The man said quickly.

"Good choice." Drae said as she flew up. Once they were high enough she dropped him. As he was falling Goku saved him and she shot an energy beam killing him.

"Why?!" Goku asked holding the man. "You didn't have to kill him!"

Drae picked at her nails almost bored. "You're right I didn't have to. The point is that I could. Aren't you curious how I got back here?"

Goku put the man down, "I'm guessing Zain brought you back."

Drae flashed a lethal smile, "not quite. I stole the teleportation device. I left as his world crumbled and fell. I'm the one who destroyed it and I did it with the kamehameha."

"You killed millions of innocent people?!" Goku couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Oh they were far from innocent. They had a whole plan to take over the universe. If anything I did the universe a favor." Drae said bringing her hands up.

"How could you?" Goku looked at his daughter. "This isn't who you are."

"No shit!" Drae laughed. "You idiot I've been telling you this whole time. The Mae you know is dead. I smothered her with darkness and killed her."

"Fine. I will have to defeat you." Goku frowned. "Kaioken!" His blue aura was surrounded by red.

"I'm ready for round two." Drae said holding her hand up. "You better take this otherwise more people will die! Big Bang Attack!"

Goku brought his hands up over his face as her energy ball connected with him. 'She's so strong.' He thought as he flew forward.

Drae unleashed more power as they connected. "If you think you can win you are wrong." She said smashing him into the ground. Once she had him pinned she began sending blow after blow. He couldn't block or get out from under her.