Niam Asthma Attack (Request for VictoriaVanorden2)

Requests are open**
Warning: I am not a medical professional, so please don't take this writing to be what you need to do in a real scenario if you or someone you know is suffering an asthma attack. Take the proper medical precautions or call for help if you are in this situation! Thank you!

Hope you are all well! Much love!

Husbands, Niall Horan and Liam Payne, were no stranger to asthma. Niall has luckily only had a few attacks since him and the band got together, but it was still terrifying when it happened nonetheless, especially to Liam. The first one they encountered was horrible; Niall always panics when he has asthma attacks, which is clearly understandable, and it scared the lads. From that point on though, in true Liam fashion, he made sure that he educated himself on exactly how to help Niall. He went to all of his appointments, and made sure he could help his husband. He also made sure to keep tabs with Niall's family, and let them know if he had one and how bad it was, which his family really appreciated.

Liam and Niall had been enjoying a chill day at home, and everything seemed to be going great. It was hot outside, so they went to enjoy some soccer outside in their yard. Niall and Liam always went all out when playing soccer, and always had a great time playing around. "I totally beat you," Liam joked as they walked in to cool down and watch some TV. "Yeah, right," Niall laughed as he plopped down on the couch. "It's hot," Liam said sitting down on the other couch as Niall sprawled out and took his shoes off. "Yes, it is!" Niall agreed as he kicked back. Niall noticed he was still out of breath from playing, but chalked it up to breathing in hot air and running around not being the best for his already weak lungs, and that they just needed a moment to cool down. He decided to ignore the feeling, and his attention was drawn to Liam standing up. "I want some ice cream, how about you?" Liam smiled and Niall smiled back with a nod. "Okay! I'll be right back," Liam said walking out of the room to get the cold treat. As Niall was laying on the couch waiting for Liam to return, he noticed how quickly his chest was going up and down, and he couldn't seem to catch his breath. He tried to steady his breathing by taking a big inhale, but when he did, he was greeted with a coughing fit instead. "Niall, you alright?" Liam asked from the kitchen. "Yep, just choked a little," Niall replied back, but he noticed that his throat was starting to feel really tight as he talked. Within a matter of seconds, Niall's breathing completely stopped, and he knew he was having an asthma attack. Niall sat up quickly, and Liam could hear noises coming from the living room. "Ni, are you sure you're good in there?" Liam asked again, this time sticking his head out the door. Niall never answered, and Liam immediately went into the room.

Liam was met with a red-faced, gasping Niall, and could see the panic in his eyes. "Oh crap!" Liam said after he realized what was going on. Liam ran into the downstairs guest bathroom to get Niall's inhaler, one of the many that were strategically placed all over the house for easy access. "Hey, baby. You're okay! I've got your inhaler. It's alright, love," Liam said as he made his way back into the living room, and kneeled down in front of his ailing husband. Liam held Niall's hand as he got down on his level, and Niall grabbed onto his hand tightly. "I know, baby. I know you're scared. You're going to be okay, I promise!" Liam said as he shook Niall's inhaler. "Relax, Niall, it's okay," Liam said as he watched Niall get more tense by the second, and start crying. Liam moved to sit next to Niall on the couch, and he put the inhaler up to his lips. "Alright, breathe deep," Liam instructed as he pumped the medicine into Niall's mouth. A few seconds later, Liam repeated the action, and Niall could feel his lungs starting to open up. "That's it, love," Liam said sitting the inhaler down, and rubbing Niall's back. "You're doing so good, babe. It's all over," Liam said wiping the tears off Niall's face. "Can you breathe?" Liam said after a few seconds. "Mhm," Niall said taking slow deep breaths. "Thank you," Niall said taking another deep breath. "Don't thank me! I just want to make sure you're okay!" Liam said to Niall, and Niall leaned back exhaustedly on Liam's shoulder. After Niall had finally gotten simmered down, Liam looked down at him. "So, how about that ice cream now?" Liam said and Niall smiled. "That sounds great!" Niall said hopping up to go help Liam return to getting their ice cream happily.