78-leads

(im excited for this one)

hawks pov:
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Dabs?"

He didn't turn to look at me,

"Baby?"

Still no answer, there had to be a way to get his attention,

"Touya Todoro-"

"What birdbrain?" He finally answered, looking away from the pile of papers and his computer. I smiled at his tired-looking appearance, he hasn't been taking care of himself for some time now. Ever since Shigaraki and the league disappeared from anyone's radar -including us- he had been working non stop trying to figure out their plans.

"Come to bed, you have to rest," I told him from our bedroom doorway. He grunted in response, eyes still fixed to the screen. I rolled my eyes, he always did that, no matter the situation. So I started to walk towards him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and burying my face in his neck, inhaling his scent.

"Just give me half an hour more, 30 minutes ok?" He reasoned as he started typing something. I kissed his neck and turned to the computer, reading what he was doing. Before anything went down with Kaminari and Shinsou's rescue, we found out that Kany's original plan was to steal Kami's quirk and then sell him to shady people. So in short, Omega trafficking. Thankfully, he didn't go through that and is safe back in U.A.

But he wasn't the only one.

Kaminari wasn't the only one who was being traded or at least planned to be traded. There was a full group of about 10-12 teenage Omegas being sold to filthy people as sex toys. Nothing more than objects for the entertainment of power-drunk Alphas. And Dabi wants to stop it. We started an investigation after learning about it and he hasn't stopped working once. This is too important for him to leave and that I understand, but I couldn't stand seeing him like this.

"Hawks?" He asked as I realized I had spaced out. I looked at him and he pointed to my arms, so I let him go. He stood up and went to a board littered with evidence he had dug up in the past two to three months. It was a mess, but it somehow made sense, the trade of omegas was the way the league could make some extra cash.

"Sightings of toga, Twice, Spinner and Compress in the south part of the city..." He mumbled as he touched the paper on the board. I followed his finger as he dragged it along the papers. He stopped in front of a missing flier of a young woman, she had back roots and blue tips and big bright golden eyes. She looked oddly familiar, I just couldn't place my finger on it,

"She's our key," He said as he looked at me, expecting an answer to his little speech. I raised an eyebrow because first; she was an alpha, and second; she had no connection whatsoever to the case. He looked back at the board and pointed to a screenshot from a security camera in a busy part of town, the same girl with a cap on her head was spotted and circled with a thick red marker.

"But she's missing?" I said as I touched the photo, this didn't make sense,

"No my love," He continued before taking my hand and placing it on top of a picture of Kany, smiling at the camera,

"She's dead. This is an impostor, Kany is our impostor," And then I remembered. She was the girl Kany was using to get closer to Shinsou to get an opening on Kaminari. Kany had used her as a mask and is still using her as a persona so she isn't spotted. The thing is if she is still impersonating Mika that means she will try to get to Shinsou and Kaminari again, which means...

"We have to tell them," I looked firmly to Dabi. Now it was his turn to look at me with his cute confused face, I pointed at the pictures of Kaminari and Shinsou. He understood but immediately shook his head no,