WHEN THE TABLES TURN - Final

Lisa's POV

"Lisa? What are you still doing there?" Jennie asked in confusion. She patted the space beside her on the couch. "Come, sit." She instructed and I had no choice but to oblige.

I awkwardly sit beside her. I see in my peripheral view that she shook her head in disbelief. I felt that she scoot over and hug my right arm. She even put her chin to my shoulder, I know that she's looking up to me but I refrain myself from turning to my side to look at her too.

"God, I missed this, I missed you." Jennie whispered.

I'll lie if I'll say her words doesn't affect me.

I heaved a sigh.

"I missed you too, Jen." I responded. It's true though, despite the recurring pain about the fact that Jennie can't be mine despite all my efforts, there is still something in me that can endure the pain as long as she's at my side. Masochist? NO. I'm just in love, in love to the point that I know that she's not the one to blame about the pain I'm currently feeling. It's on me. Just ME.

"What happened to us, Lili?"

I was caught off guard by her question.

"I..."

I'm interrupted when we heard her doorbell.

She sighed before standing up to check.

"Maybe that's the food delivery." She informed.

I just nodded absentmindedly. Maybe now I'm able to dodge the confrontation but the night is still early, I'm afraid the second time she'll ask, there's nothing comes our way to interrupt or stop the inevitable.

Well, I guess it's now or never. She might disagree with my decision about distancing myself from her for the mean time but there's nothing I can do. I will surely not move forward if we continue being like before.

"Mino?"

I gritted my teeth the moment I heard her. Mino huh? I thought they broke up? I pretended not to look at the direction of her door.

"Are you drunk? What are you doing here?"

Jennie tried to whisper but I can still hear her.

"You're not answering my texts and calls, Jen." Mino answered not even trying to lower his voice. "I am so desperate so talk to you babe, I miss you." He even added.

"I told you, we're done." Jennie responded annoyed. "The moment you cheated, you already loss me, you loss your chance." She even added.

"How many times I'll tell you that she seduced me?!" Mino shouted. I can no longer stop my self from interfering so I stood up and walk to where they are. I immediately pull Jennie behind me, she seems scared by Mino's sudden outburst.

"You should probably go, man." I said in my calm voice.

"Oh? The "best friend" is here. Tell me the truth Jennie, you're just using the "cheating" thing right? You really don't want me anymore because of her." Mino pointed at me.

I didn't saw Jennie's reaction since she's standing behind me but I felt that she's clutching the hem of my shirt as if asking to be rescued.

I chuckled humorously.

"Don't even try to put the blame on Jennie. You know how amazing she is. You're one heck of a lucky man but you blew your chance. Now accept and suffer." I answered in my firm tone.

I thought what I said somewhat enlighten Mino's mind but not a second after he punch me. I am not prepared so it landed on my jaw, I winced in pain.