I Like Me Better

Lisa's  POV

I checked my watch for the nth time. Two (2) hours already passed since her office hours finished but she's still not showing up. I tried calling her number but it seemed off.

Oh! I'm referring to my best friend Jennie Kim.

"Where is that Mandu?" I mumbled to myself worriedly.

I'm currently in-front of building where she's working. We do have a plan of going out for a dinner.

 We do have a plan of going out for a dinner

I heaved a sigh.

I stood up, I decided to ask the guard.

"Excuse me..." I was interrupted when I heard a familiar voice calling me.

"Lisa?"

"Irene Unnie." I responded then bowed to her. She did the same.

"What are you doing here?" She asks afterwards.

I scratched my nape.

"I'm waiting for Jennie, she still there? Her phone seemed off and I can't contact her." I explained.

Irene Unnie creased her brows.

"You mean Jennie Kim?" She confirmed and I chuckled.

Afterwards I nodded.

"Is there other Jennie there Unnie?" I teased.

"None, silly. It's just that, she already left almost 3 hours ago if I'm not mistaken with..."

"With who?" I interrupted her.

"Kai." Unnie mumbled the name but I know who he is already. Jennie's crush, maybe that's the reason she forgot about our dinner plan.

"Oh!" That's the only word came out of my mouth.

"Mmmm yeah. I'm sorry Lisa." I'm not sure why she's apologizing, if she's not at fault in the first place, well maybe she felt the sudden dropped of my emotion.

After a minute or two I sighed and gave Unnie a one forced smile.

"If that's the case, I'll go ahead Unnie." I informed. "Take Car..."

I'm not able to finish what I'm about to say because my stomach growled.

Sh*t that was embarrassing. I failed to eat lunch cause I need to finish my work early so I can fetch Jennie, so yeah I'm really hungry.