Good For You - Part 4

"Jen? Wait!" I rolled my eyes as I tried to ignore and avoid the owner of that voice.

The nerve. Now he has the audacity to approach me but these past months he not even tried to glance at me at all?

I continue walking until I felt a grip on my wrist making me stop.

"What?" I tried to sound calm.

"Ahm...can we talk?" He asks.

I raised my brow.

"Talk about what?" I act clueless but deep down I think I know already what he wants to talk about.

He scratch his left brow. His habit if he's trying to be charming but sorry...that is no longer effective to me.

Or at least that's what I thought.

"About us? I mean, we never had the chance to clear things between us."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"Well...it's pretty clear to me though. You're dating someone else so...what ever happened between us? I even gesture my finger to him and me. "It's already over." I thank God that I didn't stutter.

If Kai approach me, let's say 3 days ago, my reaction might be far different with what I'm doing right now. If you think I'm just being this salty because of my ego when he replaced me that quickly, I'm telling you...I am not. I really love him, well, loved him.

***
Flashback

Jennie's Condo

"You think I'll get that scholarship babe?" Kai inquired for the nth time today. He's really nervous.

We're cuddling here in my living room.

I sit straight so I can look at him.

"Of course you'll surely get that." I assured him.

He smiled, the one that causing my heart to flutter then lean to pecked my lips.

"I love you." He stated when he pulled away, I know I'm still blushing.

"I love you too." I responded.

***
[Still Flashback]
The Next Day

"Babe?" I flinched when Kai punched his locker.

"I messed up..." He said more to himself than to me.

"No." I countered. "You did gre..."

He interrupted me by shouting

"Are you blind Jennie?! I failed! I'm the reason we loss!"

End of Flashback
***

That is the first time I saw Kai like that so I just let him hoping that he'll bounce back afterwards but he did not. It's already too late when I realize I lost him.

Because of that incident, he neglect his other responsibilities. The school works, projects and even his part time job. I had no choice but to do it on his behalf. I managed to look after his school works, do his projects and even begged to his manager that for the mean time, I'll work on his behalf. I'm so busy holding everything for him so when he decided to come back, it's as if nothing changed not realizing that the reason why I'm doing this already slipping away.

It's funny that while I'm doing his part time job, he's out there removing other girl's clothes.

I even refused to believe what my friends telling me about him, that he's seeing other girls. Kai won't do that I always defended him, he assured me that he loves me, he even promise the world to me.

Until I saw it personally...I decided to surprise him one day by showing unannounced in his appointment with the therapist I chose, only to witness them making out.

And for the 1st time for the very long time, I felt exhaustion...not just physically but mentally and emotionally.

How could he do that to me? How?

All I did was to be patient and be supportive of what he's going through and the least thing he can do is to be better.

I was brought back to reality when I heard him speak again.

"What was that?" I asked since I know I zoned out.

"Can I invite you to lunch?" He asks with his infamous hopeful face.

"I-ah..." I was interrupted when I felt someone's arm on my shoulder when I turned to check I felt a pecked on the side of my lips. Of course, it's Lisa. I internally sigh in relief.

"Sorry to burst your bubble but My Princess already promise me a lunch, right baby?" She confirmed looking at me.

I unconsciously nodded. Well, I'm not yet recovered about the fact that her lips almost touch mine.

"Great." She said all proudly even squishing my cheeks. "So adorable." She added and that's the time I recovered.

"Yah!" I exclaimed as I try to remove her hands out of my face.

She just chuckled.

We're interrupted when we heard Kai cleared his throat.

"Maybe next time, Jen?" Again with that hopeful tone.

"...or not at all?" Lisa answered on my behalf.

"You're not Jennie, you can't decide for her." Kai gloomy aura immediately changed to his normal authoritative self.

"Maybe I can, especially when it involves you." Even Lisa's voice became stern. "I'm not oblivious man, I know everything and with that being said I will never let my girl be left alone with someone as manipulative as you. She moved on. You should too." Lisa stated not even waiting for Kai's reply, she already pulled me out of that place.

When the coast is clear, Lisa faced me.

"Hey? You okay?" She inquired.

I just nodded.

"You're clearly not." She frown. "Did I over react?" She asks worriedly.

I'm just looking at her, still processing what just happened.

"You know everything?" I asked instead afterwards.

She smiled playfully.

"No. I just said that." She admitted chuckling.

"You! You're so..."

"Convincing? I know right. If I failed to be a great photographer someday I might give acting a try..."

I raised my brow.

"...what? I even possess an actress face." She continued and this time I didn't stop myself from chuckling. She can really easily change my mood.

"That's what I'm looking for...that precious gummy smile." She complimented looking at me fondly. "You should smile often, Princess. It brightens the world." She exaggerate.

I just shook my head in disbelief no longer no what to say until she spread her arms...as if welcoming me for a hug.

"Come here. I know you need it." She said sweetly.

I didn't even hesitated and just run towards her...the tears I thought already gone, pour again.

She just let me cry as she rubs my back.

"Thank you, Lisa." I mumbled afterwards.

"Anytime, Princess."

I even felt that she kissed my hair.

***
Apologies for errors.