One Night (M)

Jennie's POV

I groaned.

"Ugh! My head hurts." I checked my watch only to see that's it's already noon. I woke up late.

I'm starving so I decided to go to kitchen but before that my attention caught by seeing the back of a familiar girl.

"Hey sweetheart, it's good you're awake."

I was startled when I heard that from my behind.

"Mom!"

"Aww! I'm sorry." She chuckled then kissed my cheek.

"Who is she?" I asked abruptly looking back to the girl inside my home office.

"Oh! You saw Lisa already." She casually stated. "Remember my friend Mira? She's her daughter, she'll stay here for the mean time." Mom added.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Ruby Jane!" My Mom scold.

"Sorry." I apologized lowering my voice.

I took a deep breath to control my nerves.

"Why you seemed pale? You okay? Are you sick?" My Mom asked worriedly as she checked my temperature.

"What? No. I'm good." Lie. I'm not good at all specially about the fact that this girl will stay here with us. "Why she'll stay here though?" I asked as casual as I can to avoid suspicion from my Mom.

"Lisa?" She confirmed the obvious. I want to roll my eyes but yeah, she's my Mom after all so I just nodded.

"Well, her place is not yet ready, it's under renovation by the way. She can afford to stay in a hotel but when I found out about that I offered our home, you see I owe her Mom big time so this is the least thing I can do to give back. She refused but I insist so I hope you'll treat her good okay? I don't want to hear something bad about our household." Mom long explained.

I'm about to ask about what the girl doing inside my office but Mom already answered that since it's big we can both fit there. Again she said this is just temporary so I don't have a choice. It is much suspicious if I complain or contradict.

I heaved a sigh and about to leave when Mom called her. Sh*t. I'm panicking inside.

"Lisa? Dear? Come here for a sec, I want to introduce my only daughter."

I can't look at her so I busied myself looking around.

I smelled her intoxicating perfume. Why does it still an effect on me? Argh!

Mom cleared her throat to get my attention so I don't have a choice but to look at her.

She raised her brow.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Huh? Nothing." I lied. Mom still looked unconvinced but never bother to ask more questions. Thank God.

"So baby, meet Lisa, I told you already she's my friend's daughter and Lisa dear, meet my daughter Jennie."

This is the time that I really need to look at her in the eyes. I gathered all my remaining strength in me before looking up.