Traitor

Short Angst.

Inspired by Olivia Rodrigo's song Traitor

"Love where are you? I'm at your place." I asked once Lisa answered her phone.

"Aww, didn't I text you? Chaeng asked me to accompany her. We're here at the mall." Lisa answered.

Everytime Lisa mentioned her bestfriend, whether I like it or not, my heart aches.

"Oh." I responded shortly don't know what to say.

"I'm sorry baby, I'll make it up to you. What do you want? I'll get it on my way home."

YOU. I just want you, but I can't voice that out.

"Nothing, just go home as soon as you can." I said trying to sound casual.

She hummed.

"I'll try, Chaeng wanted to watch a movie and we just bought tickets." Lisa informed. "Just make yourself comfortable there, I'll go home as soon as I can." She even added in a rush.

"Okay, I love..."

I'm not able to finish what I'm about to say cause she already ended the call.

I took a deep breath.

They're friends since childhood so I need to understand that they're really close. I assured myself for the nth time.

"Lisa just to remind you, I'm your girlfriend. You're suppose to be my date!" I exclaimed.

"You are my date Jennie, it's just that, I'm also Chaeng's date. I promised her that." Lisa insisted.

I brushed my face with my hands. I can't take it anymore.

"Are you in love with her, Lisa?" I asked in a low voice. It's hard for me to ask that knowing there is a big possibility that she'll admit that she is but I need to know.

"What?! Are you insane? She's my best friend for Christ-sake!" Lisa exclaimed.

I'm now crying hard. Lisa never raised her voice to me, well only if our conversation is about Chaeng and as much as possible I avoid that topic. I avoid and ignore so I can keep her, its just that lately I can no longer take it.

I heard that she sighed.

"I'm sorry baby." She mumbled as she pulled me for a tight hug. She even kissed my temple. "We're really friends, you know that. I love you. I really do. Stop being paranoid." She added.

I sniffed trying to stop crying.

"I love you too." I responded. "I'm just afraid to lose you." I continued.

"I know and I'm telling you, you won't." She assured and for the nth time in this relationship. I trusted her.

***
Two Months Later

"Bestfriend, huh?"

I mumbled but I know she heard it but ignored it.

"Trust you?" I scoffed.

This time Lisa looks at me coldly as if telling me to stop but I can't. I'm hurt. Deeply hurt.

"Paranoid but after two weeks you're now dating her." I dryly chuckled.

"Jennie can you stop? We're over." Lisa pointed out.

I tried not to cry. I need to be strong in front of her, of them.

"Yes, good thing we are so you can screw your "best friend" or maybe you already did it behind my back." I mocked.

"Why you're being like that? We already done talking and we both agreed to end it." She emphasized.

"That was before I discovered that you're already dating her after two weeks of our break up. 2 weeks, Lisa? You moved on that quickly? Our 3 year relationship was easily replaced after 2 weeks?" I don't want to sound bitter but I think I already am.

Can you blame me? Guess not.

I tried to fight for her, for our relationship, in that 3 years I had a silent battle with her best friend and at the end of the day I'm still 2nd in her priorities. Of course, how can I compete to those long years they're together as best friends. I'm just an outcast who tried to be part of Lisa's life. Maybe I'm not the victim after all, maybe I'm the villain.

"Jennie get over it." Lisa simply answered as she covered her face with her cap.

How can she do that? Lisa used to love me. I know and feel that. The only time I'm doubting her love was if Chaeng involves but other than that, I know she loved me.

I looked at the other side so I can wipe my tears without her noticing it.

We're on our way to an immersion and sitting side by side inside this bus cause we're block-mates. I hope I can lasts for 5 days seeing a happy Lisa without me being in her life.

Well, maybe she really didn't cheat but she's still a TRAITOR.

The End.
***

Apologies for errors.