Be Alright - Part 4

"Can you stop smiling? It's starting to creep me out." Chaeng complained for the nth time.

I pouted but remembering what happened I zoned out.

"She kissed me." I mumbled to myself but of course its enough for Chaeng to heard it.

She groaned. "Yeah on your cheek, Lalisa. CHEEK." She emphasized but I goes back on imagining the scene once again causing me to smile dreamily.

"You're a lost cause." She said defeatedly and I just chuckled.

***

"Is it really okay?"

I chuckled.

"I'm the one who should be asking that. Is it okay for you to wait..." I pause and look at my wrist watch. "...for at least an hour?" I continued.

She grinned as if telling me you're ridiculous for asking that.

"Yup, then it settled." I continued instead when I didn't heard any response from her.

If you're wondering what's happening, well once again Jennie's group needed help. They can now do it on their own it's just that all their teammates as of the moment aside from Jennie are occupied and they really need to furnish their paper cause they only have until midnight today to pass it or else it will not be accommodated at all. So Seulgi asked me if I can help them well specifically Jennie and who am I to declined, right? The only problem is I have a part time job after class so that's the reason why Jennie is here, waiting for me to finish my shift.

"You sure you okay here? I can go to your place or somewhere much ideal to study or something." I asked.

She shook her head.

"I'm good Lis, we already asked too much and the least thing I can do is to wait. I'll just do my other assignments while waiting." She reasoned.

"Well then, I guess see you later?"

"Yes, Ms. Barista. See you later." She winked.

I scoffed playfully to hide my face. For sure I'm blushing. I bid a little waved before going back to work cause for sure if earlier Chaeng spare my life now that I'm not working in my supposedly working hours, she will kill me with her bare hands and I'm right cause the moment I reached the counter she hit my arm.  

"Aww!" I complained.

"I know you're in-love and all that but can you not compromise your work?" She said seriously.

Chaeng is all aware of what's happening in my life, if others do have their journal or diary, me, I have her. She's my human diary, my rock, aside from my Mom she is the only person I can talk to without worrying about the possible judgement.

And one thing I hate? If I pissed her off. Just this time.

"I'm really sorry, Chipmunk." I said in my puppy eyes.

She just rolled her eyes then hand me a hot chocolate and a some cookies.

I raised my brow in confusion.

"That's her "usual" orders." She explained.

Good thing the hot chocolate and the plate of cookies already on the counter top cause it will surely fell the way I run to hug her.

"You're really the best Chaeng-ha." I said while still hugging her.

"I know. Just be careful okay? She's in a relationship. Don't expect too much aside from friendship." She reminded.

I nodded. "I know, I'm satisfied with it." I assured her.

She turned to goes back to work cause the door charm ring indicating someone just entered.