Devoted

Where in Jennie can't move on from her past lover and she's desperate enough to use even a virtual character to forget.

Just a random and maybe a little weird plot. Please bear with me.

***
Inspired from the song: "HOPELESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU"

How far will you go in the name of love?

Jennie's POV

🎶Guess mine is not the first heart broken
My eyes are not the first to cry
I'm not the first to know there's
Just no getting over you🎶

I rolled my eyes hearing the song from the radio inside my cousin's room. Really?

"Jisoo Unnie?!" I called while knocking at her room's door quite harshly.

"Yah! What's the problem Jendeuk?" She inquired worriedly.

"Can you at least change what's playing in your radio or much better if you'll just turn it off." I answered.

She looks at me confusedly and maybe she remembered.

"Oh! I'm really sorry." She rushed to where her radio is and immediately turned it off.

I heaved a sigh.

"Thanks." I'm about to go back to my room when she stopped me.

"Hey?"

I faced her again with my raised brow.

"There's party at Chaeng's house later, you should come." She invited.

I stiffened, there's a possibility that she'll be there. I shook my head.

"Come on." Unnie convinced. "She's not invited, so nothing to worry." She added as if already read what's on my mind.

"Next time, Unnie, I promised." I assured her. "T-There's a, ahm, I have a project that is due tomorrow so I need to finish it." I even reasoned.

This time Unnie was the one who sighed.

"Okay." She said defeatedly. "Oh! In case you're bored you can try my new VR (Virtual Reality) game. I just received it this morning, it's cool, you can create characters and talk to them...something like that or not? I'm not fully accustomed about how that thing works but that's the gist of it." She informed proudly.

"Oh." I looks at her suspiciously.

"Yah! Don't give me that kind of reaction, it's free. The company sent that to me so I can review it." She explained, cause she knows I'm thinking that she spent a good fortune to bought it.

I chuckled.

"If you say so, Unnie." I said dismissively then didn't wait for her response. I return to my room.

🎶You know I'm just a fool who's willing
To sit around and wait for you
But baby can't you see there's nothing else for me to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you🎶

A bitter smile formed on my face seeing the polaroids of you still pasted on my room's wall, my ex.