Two Less Lonely People

Lisa's POV

I was startled when I heard my phone ringing. I groaned seeing Jisoo Unnie's name.

I heaved a sigh before answering, I know she'll just ask me (for the nth time) if I'm okay.

"Unnie." I nonchalantly answered.

"Don't use that tone to me Manoban." She scold that made me bit my lower lip. Oh, she's mad.

"What tone?" I asked innocently changing my tone. I know despite not seeing her that she just rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. When will you go home?" She inquired and again for the nth time. If you're wondering why she is like this it is because I just came from a long term relationship break up, not just an ordinary break up if I may add, if there's really a "normal" kind of break up cause for me no matter what, break up is break up which means pain is always present, at least for me.

That happened a week ago and here I am now in a foreign country, away from home, trying to heal my heart but hey? It's a peaceful kind of break up, allow me not to get into details yet cause no matter how I deny it my heart can't lie.

~~~
Kindly listen to "Two Less Lonely People In The World" by Air Supply (Original) or KZ Tandingan (Cover)

I was down, my dreams were wearing thin
When you're lost, where do you begin?
My heart always seemed to drift from day to day
Looking for the love that never came my way

"Lisa?"

Unnie called me when I didn't respond but my eyes drifted to a girl crossing the street and the stop light not even red yet. Sh*t! Is she trying to kill herself?

"Talk to you later Unnie." I said hastily and run as fast as I can to stop the girl specially when I spotted an approaching vehicle. It's too late though she's already in the middle of the street, bystanders already panicking and shouting to her to run, what I did shocked not just people watching but myself too, don't know I can risk my life to a total stranger. I pushed her to the side and I closed my eyes tightly waiting for an impact and pain. I opened my eyes when I heard loud screeched of tires, luckily the driver able to stepped on break on time.

"What the hell?! Are you trying to kill yourself?" The driver shouted angrily. I can't blame him, so I just bowed and apologized. I'm still shaking, I thought that's my end.

I look around and there I see the girl looking traumatized also shaking.

I composed myself and apologized once again to the poor driver before walking to where the girl is.

I saw that her right elbow is bleeding, maybe when she fell on the ground the time I pushed her.

"You okay Miss?" I asked worriedly. She not looking at me but in front.

"A-Are you the one who saved me?" She asked trembling.

She's gorgeous but vulnerable at the same time. There's sudden feeling in me that I want to protect her. Tears pouring from her eyes already.

I get my handkerchief inside my pocket and hand it to her but it seemed she can't see and there realization hit me, she's blind.

I gulped.