I Don't Know You Yet

Jennie's POV

Did you experience that? Being uncertain about the future? It is as if even how much you tried to think positive you're anxiety is eating you alive.

Well, that's my case.

I used to be unbothered about life, my tomorrow, my future but lately realization hits me. I'm not getting any younger. Not that I'm pressured about having a family or being with someone. To be honest, I don't mind getting old alone but sometimes I crave to be with someone even for a short period of time. I already gave up being in a long time relationship along time ago because of continues failure about it, I guess?

Don't get me wrong, I experienced a fair amount of relationships in life, obviously those didn't went well but I have no regrets. I experienced happiness and well, obviously pain during those moments. Even lessons that I will forever treasure.

I don't know, sometimes I asked myself if is there a sign on my forehead telling people to back off? I mean, not to brag but I think I'm good looking. Like really really GOOD. I used to be the cheerleader of my university, the prom queen and I even won titles in beauty contests. If that doesn't scream beauty, then I don't know what to call it anymore.

I think I can safely say that I'm beauty with brains? Yup, that's me but why is that it's hard for me to find someone that can fully understands me? By understand, I mean The ALL SIDE OF ME. The worst and the best. The ugly and the pretty. The serious and the dork. Am I too demanding? Am I the problem? Am I too idealistic? All I want is to have someone. Someone who listens. Someone I can enjoy anything even us being in just mere silence. Maybe I watched lots of romantic movies to think this way.

I was brought back to reality when someone kissed my cheek.

Of course, its my best friend Lisa. She has key to my condo so she can sneak here whenever she wants, not that I mind. To be honest she's always welcome here.

I pouted.

"What are you thinking, Nini?" She inquired.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"Really? You're aware that you can tell me everything right?" She confirmed and I just heaved a sigh and hug her.

She's really my escape in this world full of uncertainties.

"I know, Lili." I mumbled on her neck as I buried my face there.

I felt that she gulped but I don't mind that at all instead I pulled her much closer.

"What are you doing here, though?" I inquired after couple of seconds.

"Well, you're not answering your phone. So I thought you're still asleep." She explained.

I creased my brows then as if a light bulb remember that we have plan of going out.

"Aww..."

She chuckled.