02- 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘹 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘹 𝘛𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨

We walked around for a while, having on again off again conversations. My life was painfully dull compared to his was what I had gathered. He had been off killing people and getting paid for it, while I was stuck sitting in trees.

"So what about your parents?" Killua glanced at me. "Oh, the usual suburban life. My mom works a buncha different jobs, so I'm left home alone a lot." We continued walking. "and your dad?" "6 Feet under." I sighed.

"Died before I was born. Lung cancer." The crunch of the leaves under my feet was satisfying. There was now an awkward tension in the air. I just nervously laughed. A lot of this felt forced. It was almost like someone was forcing Killua to talked to me.

"Sorry if I'm being awkward. I don't talk to other kids a lot. Especially not of my own age." I had noticed I had footsteps, while Killua did not. "You're not. There just isn't much to talk about." Still awkward.

"I like your skateboard." I smiled, noticing the red and yellow board he gripped in his hands. "Thanks. Have you had one before?" I shook my head. "My mom always said it was too dangerous. Which is stupid because I could get mauled by a bear at any moment." I grimaced, remembering the way she'd warn me about everything.

He chuckled, his fluffy white hair bouncing a bit. "My mom's kinda like that too. I mean, when I said I wanted to go outside for fun, she starts crying and yelling about how I've 'got so much potential!" He mocked his mother for a bit at the end. I laughed. It was funny how two kids from completely different backgrounds still both dealt with nagging moms and being overprotected. We were different, yet completely the same.

"So we're friends...right?" I asked a bit nervously. "Do you wanna be?" Killua asked, looking up at the surrounding trees.

I smiled a little bit. "Yeah. I think that'd be nice."