21- 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘹 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘸

"What? No...no, no, no! Gon can't be hurt like this. He's...He's okay. He's gotta be." I clenched my teeth. "Gon's alive. Gon's fine." I gently pressed my fingers against the glass. "That's not Gon in there. It's not. It's just not." I smiled with wide eyes. "Gon's okay."

"Y/n, he is in there. He's hurt. All we can do is trust the doctors." Killua sighed.

"No, no. He's safe." I laughed. "He's safe. He's gotta be safe. And Quinn's alive. They're all just with my mom. They're talking with momma." I giggled, trying to convince myself everyone was safe. "They're all just with momma." I began to weep. "Momma!" I shouted, falling to my knees as more tears stroked my cheeks. I covered my face as my lips quivered.

"Y/n." Killua got up from his seat and stood next to me, gently holding my shoulder.

"Is...Is my mom okay? She's okay, right? A-And Quinn, they've gotta be alive." I sniffled. "They're alive. Both of them. And Gon's safe."

"I'm sorry, Y/n. It's not like that." He replied.

"I don't need to hear this." I wiped a tear away before feeling a strange sensation course through my body. I looked up to see warm light illuminating the walls from where I stood, before looking down at my hands and noticing how I had burst into flames. "Oh. I guess I'm gonna go see momma now too." I chuckled dryly. "Goodbye, Killua. I love you."

                                                            ︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

"Gah!" I exclaimed as I sat up, looking next to me to see Killua, wide-eyed.

"Are you okay?" Killua asked with an empathetic expression.

"I...Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded, wearing a small fake smile. "Just a scary dream. What time is it?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"Nine. Are you sure you're all right? I'm worried." He asked.

"Fine," I replied. "Come on, let's get breakfast. Like a date. After all, our last one was interrupted." I giggled.

"I don't know..." He got up after me. "Your breathing was really heavy when you were asleep. What were you dreaming about?" He asked, gently holding my face with his hand.

"Don't worry about it. It was just a dream, love. Now let's go." I replied, just before walking out the door.

Killua chased after me worriedly. "Are you sure?"

"Positive." I smiled. "Besides, it's all worth it just to spend time with you."

"You dork. But, you gotta take care of yourself first. At least drink some water before we leave." He sighed as we walked into the kitchen. He grabbed a cup quickly and put ice in it before filling it up with water. "Here, drink."

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yes. Staying hydrated is very important. Especially after having a bad dream like that." He replied. I just looked down at the floor with a sad expression. "Baby." He sighed, gently grabbing my hand. "I love you, but you gotta talk to me about things like these. How am I supposed to help you if you don't?"

"I just don't wanna worry you. I know it's always scary when you get overwhelmed with someone else's problems." I sighed. "I don't want that for you."

"That won't be happening. If there's anything that I ever want to do is to help you." He replied. "In fact, it's scarier to think that you're not willing to trust me with your issues."

"I don't need you to help me with everything though. I know you just want what's best, but I can't help but want to stop you." I scratched the nape of my neck. "Maybe it's because you've got so much you need to work through? And maybe I just feel selfish. I...I don't know. I'm sorry. It's dumb anyway." I took a swig of water quickly before putting it back down on the counter.

"That's not dumb." He held my hand. "I get that. But whatever I've got going on, I know that you're here to help me, I just want you to feel like you can come to me for these kinds of things too."

"I know. I just can't help but feel wrong for it." I fiddled with my hands, hoping to bring myself a little bit of peace.

"Don't. You aren't selfish or greedy for asking for help. If anything, you're really brave." He pulled me into a tight hug. "You're so brave. And even if you can't ask for help, that's okay. I'll be waiting for when you are, and I'll gladly help you."

"Really?" I murmured into his chest. "I'm not bad?"

"Not at all. But you can't keep suppressing all this. I know you still miss your mom. You're still grieving, it wasn't that long ago." He replied. "You're probably still hurt. And yet you're hiding it. Why?"

"There are more important things to be concerned about. My mom isn't that important. And how'd you know?" I looked up at him.

"You kept calling out for her in your sleep," Killua answered. "You kept asking where she was. I felt so awful about it, but I knew you needed to sleep, so I didn't wake you. Are you all right?" He asked.

"I'm okay," I replied. "Well, no, not really. But I'll be fine. It hurts so much, but I've got you. I could lose everything in the world and be fine. But you...God, I can't even imagine losing you. Just stay, for as long as you can."

"I will. I promise." He chuckled, putting his chin on top of my head. "As long as we can snuggle every night."

"Deal." I giggled. "Mm...gimmie kiss." I cooed.

"Drink more water first." He laughed.

"No!" I whined.

"Would you say yes if we went to chuck-e-cheese and I got you a silly straw?" He teased. I stayed quiet. "Y/n?"

"Yes," I admitted.

"Dork." He laughed. "All right, I'll get you your silly straw. Come on, let's go."

"Go where?" I asked.

"To chuck-e-cheese. I'm getting you that straw." Killua grabbed my hand and trailed me out the door.

"Really?" I beamed.

"Well, if it gets you to drink more water, then yeah." He giggled. "It's only fair. Besides, Kalluto had one once and it was super cool. I want one too."