10- 𝘐𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘦?!

By the time that we were even a little bit close to Yorknew, Nightfall had already approached. I smiled at Gon and Killua, who were both passed out on the deck. My grin was quickly turned into a grimace, knowing we'd be in the bustling city within a few hours. I sighed and sat down next to Gon, who was trying to dogpile on Killua, who pushed him off whenever he felt him. I shivered in response to the cold breeze and felt goosebumps run down my spine. The sound of the freezing waves filled my ears. The sound's usual peace was filled with the piercing sense of fear.

Quinn was going to die here.

I glanced up at the dark sky filled with twinkling stars and the flashing red lights of the airplanes going by. "Where has my life gone?" I sighed.

"'Least you never decided to commit arson." A familiar voice piped up from one of the darker corners of the boat. I saw a woman with two-toned hair. One side white, one side blue. She had acid green eyes and light pink freckles.

"Irene! From the Hunter's exam!" I cheered.

"Hey, you remembered me!" She chuckled. "How've you been, kid?"

"I've been okay. What about you? Are you gonna see your wife again?" I got a bit closer to her.

"Yup! We're gonna get a dog. She owns this boat, you see. Netero let me outta the prison and now we're gonna start a new life together in Yorknew." She sniffed, looking up at the stars. "We'll be staying with my brother for a bit. He's got black hair on one side and pink on the other. A shit ton of piercings too. He's the emo of the family." She snorted.

"A relatable thing." I half-joked.

"Hon? What are you still doing out here?" A voice called out. "It's cold! Besides, we gotta wake these kiddos up so they can still be warm insi- oh- one of 'em's awake!" The woman who popped out from inside of the boat was one with long, black hair, and cherry red eyes that were filled to the brim with happiness. Her pale skin was beautiful illuminated by the glowing starlight in the sky, making Irene gasp in awe. "Hey, you must be Y/n. I'm Moriah!" She introduced herself. "Irene's wife."

"Nice to meet you!" I grinned. "And those sleepy guys over there are Gon and Killua." I pointed at them. "Killua is the vampire-lookin' one. Gon is the human froggy."

"Ah, I see." Moriah nodded understandingly. "You should wake 'em up. They might want hot cocoa. I'm making some now!"

"Mm...I dunno." I sighed. "Maybe I shouldn't. I've been thinking 'bout some stuff." I sighed, looking at our reflections in the water. "You see, I'm from Yorknew, and my mom is a little...protective. She's definitely gonna flip out when she sees me after I've been gone for such a long time. Especially with those guys." I pointed at Gon and Killua again.

"Well, how long have you been gone?" Irene leaned over the rim of the boat and asked.

"Almost a year now." I shrugged.

"Yeesh, that's not a good mark." Moriah winced. "Did you get permission to be gone for that long?"

"Well...Not exactly...But my mom never cares when I go out randomly without telling her! I didn't think it'd be different this time." I defended.

"Yeah, but those are trips that are about an hour long." Irene chuckled. "This is a year we're talkin' about here."

"Guess you're right." I yawned, suddenly feeling tired out of nowhere. "I'm gonna go to bed now." I smiled, laying down next to Killua and holding his abdomen. I was surprised when he didn't swat my hands away. "Goodnight Irene and Moriah. Goodnight Gon. Goodnight Killua." I smiled, slipping off into dreamland. "I love you, Killua."

Killua stiffened up before letting out a tired laugh. "Love you too, Y/n. Good night. Don't get splinters, okay?"

~~

"Hi, I'm Killua, and welcome to my Minecraft ASMR lets play." I heard Killua whisper into my ear.

"Killua, what the fuck?" I frowned, rubbing my eyes so I could awaken.

"Good morning! That was Irene's idea." He wore a cat-like green and lifted me up. "We're almost there by the way."

"Mm...Maybe we should..." I fumbled with my fingers.

"Y/n, we aren't going back. You're going to see Quinn and your mom. And You're going to talk to them. And you wanna know something else?" He lectured. "I'm gonna be there with you every step of the way." He aggressively supported me.

"Yeah, but-"

"Nope! No buts!" He gave me a peck on the cheek. "I'm gonna meet your momma."

"You're gonna meet a demon." I sighed, looking at the city that kept getting closer and closer.

"And I'm gonna go to a splash pad!" Gon cheered.

"And he's gonna go to a splash pad." I laughed. "Now put me down, ya bozo."

"Mm...Fine. But only cuz I want to." He smirked.

"So, how long has this been going on?" Irene teased, coming closer to the two of us. "I mean, you two did have some slight chemistry at the exam, but this is a bit surprising!" She stated, a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶K̶i̶l̶l̶u̶a̶ ̶x̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶  smugly.

"Eh? Shut up old hag!" Killua stammered, face bright red. "It's none of your business!"

"Don't be mean, Killua." I nudged his arm. "It started a little while ago. Not for very long though."

"It's cute!" Irene giggled. "Killua, you better treat them properly, or I'll beat your ass for real! You got that?"

"Yeah, yeah. There's no way in hell I could hurt them anyway." He waved his hand dismissively. "They mean too much." He shot me a loving gaze before looking away with a pink face.

"Awe, that reminds me of when Moriah and I first got together." Irene cooed. "She was the only good thing about high school. We met at a school dance, we were both awkward as hell, but she had the courage to go up to me. We danced the night away together. A few months later, we became friends. And a year after that, we started dating."

"And then we got married." Moriah grinned, holding Irene's hands.

"Marriage..." Killua frowned.