187. Donnie X Female!WhiteCat!Mutant!Reader

Requested by StarTiger34

At the lair close to 7 pm...

"Its only five minutes at the Hidden City."

"You keep acting like its a big deal because of last week's oozesquito incident." (Y/N) said.

"Of course its a big deal, since we don't know whether or not."

"You petted a regular cat or a yokai disguising as one." Donnie said as she crossed her arms.

"It doesn't help you kept glaring at any white cat for starting this whole situation..." (Y/N) said.

"You're just imagining I would do that." Donnie said as she started to walk away.

"Fine then, I should ask your brothers why you keep watching me like a hawk-"

"I wouldn't say it reached high levels of concern its just,"

(Y/N) stopped walking and waited for his answer as the turtle continued to speak.

"I still blame myself thinking that,"

"A tiny bug wouldn't get in the way of a stakeout mission."

"If I had partnered up with you, I could have easily prevented that outcome from happening..." Donnie said as she turned around with a light sigh.

"If you think, I would start to hate you for this, its not."

"I just need my space so I can adjust to this new normal."

"And its thanks to you that I'm feeling better." (Y/N) said as Donnie still felt a faint hint of uncertainty.

"I'm sorry but, I'm still not letting you roam around the Hidden City by yourself." Donnie said refusing to look at her.

"Now you're just ignoring what I just said."

"At least let me help you."

"I have a feeling there's something else on your mind." (Y/N) said as Donnie sighed.

"Its not something, I'm at a loss with confronting someone who's equally stubborn as I am..." Donnie said as she grew curious about the mysterious person.

"How serious is it?" (Y/N) asked as Donnie heard his heartbeat at a faster rate.

"To a point where, I can almost recount every playful banter..."

"Building up to the realization that if I continued to deny having a crush on her."

"I might regret it sooner or later and,"

"I'm not sure how to approach those new feelings since,"

"The fear of rejection is stopping me from doing so..." Donnie said as (Y/N) suggested an idea.

"Then, how about you try giving her a gift."

"I'm sure she'll like it." (Y/N) said as Donnie briefly looked at his lab in the distance.

"Can you stay right there for a few seconds?"

"I just need to get something." Donnie said as (Y/N) nodded.

She only uttered "Its not like I'm going anywhere..." after he left.

Donnie immediately returned holding out a neatly wrapped present as he offered it to her. She took the gift silently reading the tag labeled.

To: (Y/N) 

From: Donnie

She tore the wrapping paper off of the box and opened its contents. To reveal a necklace with a flower carved into the pendant accessory. With her eyes in awe at the homemade present.

"I was originally going to give you flowers but, taking in the consideration that some might be poisonous to cats."

"I thought the flower representing the month of your birthday would give another new meaning to it."

"Plus, having it engraved on that necklace would last forever." Donnie said as she lightly brushed over the metallic details with her claw.

"You're not a fan of roses." (Y/N) said as Donnie softly chuckled.

"The effort of preventing them from wilting is too much for my busy schedule." Donnie said as she hummed starting to wear the necklace.

"Kind of mean that you said I'm just as stubborn as you." (Y/N) joked as Donnie began to blush.

"You always like to think you're never wrong and still insist on wanting to do things by yourself."

"Maybe, that's when I started to worry about you."

"Even before the oozesquito changed your appearance..." Donnie said as (Y/N) blushed.

"That's one way of putting it but,"

"Its that 'to the point' honesty is what I like about you."

"You're not one to sugarcoat your words, just direct and realistic about things."

(Y/N)'s ears lowered with her face flushed in a deep pink as Donnie grinned.

"I'm more content that you enjoyed the surprise gift."

"I might reconsider letting you check out the Hidden City for a bit-"

(Y/N) instantly gave Donnie a tight but, affectionate hug along with a kiss on his lips. He stood speechless by the sudden affection as she pulled away in a lively manner.

"By the time I get back, I'm getting you something!" (Y/N) said as she ran out of the lair.

Leaving Donnie, who was still thinking about that unexpected first kiss.

________________________

Edited February 14, 2022

Sort of did half and half with the prompt but its good enough

I'm going to add something special to the last oneshot so please be patient for it

Anyway leave comments and criticisms