5. Mikey X Reader: Hot Cocoa

Mikey looks at the clock as the two hands reach midnight.

"Only nine hours remain until the deadline closes"

Leo enters Mikey's room with the tray holding three cups of hot cocoa and placed the tray on an empty table.

"Still not working on the art project?" Leo said before taking a sip from his mug.

Both (Y/N) and Mikey stared at Leo with tired expressions.

"Welp! I left the extra stuff for the hot cocoa since you two will be up all night so good luck anyway. " Leo said as he heads out of the room with his mug.

The two teens muttered a thanks before Leo left and he gave a thumbs up in return.

(Y/N) stretched before taking the (f/c) mug.

"It's now or never huh Mikey. " (Y/N) said.

"You don't have to help me with this (Y/N). " Mikey said holding back a yawn.

"I'm getting better grades in my art class so I'm repaying the favor and you can't stop me. " (Y/N) said pointing at him.

Mikey slowly grinned at (Y/N) and felt confident on starting the last minute art project.

"All right! Let's do this!" Mikey said as he equips a pencil in his hand.

____________________________________________________

Around 2 am...

As (Y/N) returned with the second batch of hot cocoa, they noticed Mikey in the art zone. Two other tables surround him as he remains focused on the sketch. On his left side, sheets of paper of various sizes were taped in as a reference board. The other one had the writing utensils of made of different materials. At the moment, he was using the drawing pencils (Y/N) gave him last year.

(Y/N)'s eyes flicker at the sight of Mikey utilizing one of (Y/N)'s gifts.

(Y/N) slowly developed a crush on him after the fourth time he assisted them with an art assignment.

Flashback:

In the lair...

"A person I really admire?" (Y/N) said reading the description for their homework.

Mikey heard (Y/N)'s words and went over to check on them.

"Ooooo! What's the new assignment (Y/N)?" Mikey asked.

"Something about admiring a person, I'm not that good at these deep thinking art prompts." (Y/N) sighed.

"What did your other classmates think about it?" Mikey said.

"Well the fact that some of them convinced our teacher to look beyond the famous celebrities and go into the fictional characters or people we know." (Y/N) said.

"I feel like those students have a more harder assignment though." Mikey said while tilting his head.

"To be honest I like that suggestion since I don't have any celebrities I look up to." (Y/N) said scratching their neck.

"Hmmm... Well if you're going along with it (Y/N), I'll help but I want to be surprised with the final result. You're getting better after every new assignment, I hope you don't mind that I don't help as much." Mikey said.