26. Donnie X Dodomeki!Reader

Dodomeki: A feminine yokai who has many small bird eyes on both arms as a curse for stealing any valuable riches

Warning for the description of eyes (skip on this oneshot if you feel uncomfortable about it)

You hated today and for one good reason.

The day you got those weird eyes on both of your arms.

The majority of the women side of your family valued money way too much and many relationships turn sour because of it. You were the only one smart enough not to repeat the same mistake they made and chose to be good with every selfless task you did.

And yet you were the one who had this curse instead of your mom.

You always wear evening gloves of your favorite color after those eyes appeared after you turned thirteen. Even more of a pain when the weather changes.

You held your arms together trying to focus on meeting your dad while visiting Donnie for a bit.

Donnie instantly taps your shoulder with a wrench in annoyance.

"(Y/N)! It's been five minutes! I need those screws!" Donnie said now rolling his chair to (Y/N)'s side getting the box full of parts.

He almost saw what seems to be an eye peeking out and blinking near (Y/N)'s long gloves as they grabbed the box for him.

"Y-you don't mind if I use your bathroom for bit?" (Y/N) asked as they pulled up their cuffs higher and stuck them around their arm.

"Uh sure. You don't have to ask-"

"K thanks D!" (Y/N) said as they scrambled to the closest bathroom slamming the door and locking it afterwards.

(Y/N) threw both of their gloves at the sink as they sat down on the floor in anguish holding their hands on their head.

("He definitely saw the eye...")

("And on the same day I got these creepy things..") (Y/N) thought to themselves attempting to imagine a calm way to explain this to their friends.

1 hour and 30 minutes passed as Donnie slowly got worried about (Y/N) and placed his wrench down on the desk to check on them.

"(Y/N). Are you doing okay there?"

"Should I get April about that week thing?" Donnie asked as he knocked on the closed bathroom.

(Y/N) froze out of their swirling thoughts and was afraid of letting Donnie inside.

"That week already passed for me so I'm good."

"It's just..."

"I really hate today though.." (Y/N) said as they got up taking the hoodie around their waist and wore it going to the door now.

Donnie sees (Y/N) holding on the door handle wearing a hoodie.

"You're going to overheat if you wear that in this weather."

"What happened to your gloves?" Donnie asked once again.

(Y/N) pulled him inside as they shielded the exit.

"Please close your eyes and I'll tell you when to open them..." (Y/N) said not noticing the sad tone in their voice.

Donnie understood (Y/N)'s directions and turned around as a precaution not wanting to upset his friend.

(Y/N) took off their hoodie and breathed out of their nose hoping Donnie doesn't freak out at their appearance.

"You can look now.." (Y/N) said grasping on the hoodie closing their eyes as Donnie turns around.