128. Donnie X Male!Reader

Requested by BlueytheBluegirl

"You're usually silent for today."

"Is something troubling you, regarding any assignments as of lately?" Donnie asked as (Y/N) replied no.

"I'm just nervous about something else."

"Hopefully, I'm not too forward asking a guy out..." (Y/N) said leaning back in an extra rolling chair.

Donnie hesitated replying back to (Y/N). Knowing these emotional questions relied on more personal feelings than logic.

However, the turtle felt a sense of worry when (Y/N) showed up at the lair. After a fight from bullies picking on a few boys who were more open about their emotions similar to (Y/N). He had a few minor injuries but, the bandages made (Y/N) look like a cool delinquent with a heart of gold. With how many times (Y/N) smiled, Donnie lost count after April eventually recognized the turtle slowly turning pink around him.

"Donnie, did I accidentally ask a tough question? You don't have to answer, you know-"

"I can respond to that no probbles!"

"However, I'm a bit curious."

"Is the said guy you're interested in from same school or does he go to a different one?" Donnie asked as (Y/N) replies with a nah.

"I already had to sit through gossip from classmates who don't realize the unhealthy relationships they're in."

"Luckily, he doesn't go to school but, he's really smart though."

"Mostly self taught." (Y/N) said in a casual manner as Donnie grows a tiny bit jealous of the guy.

"Anything else about him." Donnie said.

"I guess to balance out the positive side."

"He's a bit harsh on himself..."

"Along with a stubborn personality." 

"Sometimes, overworking himself on his own projects."

"Which usually gets him sick..."

"The first few days of his dramatic charisma was funny but, he ends up being clingy."

"And I got sick on the last day because of that." (Y/N) chuckled as Donnie blinked but, brushed off that surprising detailed description.

Almost remembering last month's events as Donnie gave a get well basket while his brothers were distracted, getting another photo of the pizza pigeon.

"I can't really think of anything else to say."

"Unless, you have any pointers." (Y/N) said grinning at Donnie as the turtle blushes.

"If you can confront him in a safe place about this sort of subject."

"As my brothers say it, 'Just go for it'."

"And just be careful about the surprise approach..." Donnie said muttering another statement as (Y/N) scoots his chair closer to his.

"I don't want you to repeat yourself but... Did you say,"

"'I wouldn't want to see you getting hurt all the time...'" (Y/N) said in a concerned yet gentle tone at Donnie.

Donnie sighed but, didn't look at him letting the blush on his face express his feelings for (Y/N).

Once (Y/N) connected the dots, he facepalmed with a deep blush on his face.

"Guess, I'm a bit of a dumb dumb at the confession stuff..." (Y/N) said as Donnie snickered.

"Well, you have a more creative spin on it though."

"Actually mentioning the negative characteristics in a realistic manner compared to the overdramatic rom coms."

"And some poems are also at fault at that too." Donnie said now back to his regular self.

Three weeks later...

In (Y/N)'s apartment, Donnie spoke up catching (Y/N)'s attention.

"I feel like all couples do the thing, where there's some calming scent in their partner's clothes." Donnie said as (Y/N) snickered.

"You almost dozed off, using my (f/a) shirt as a pillow." 

"Forgetting about one of your latest gadgets." 

"On top of the desk that later exploded, covering half of it with smoke and other broken pieces." (Y/N) said as Donnie rolled his eyes.

"Yet, you haven't returned my hat."

"I'll be genuinely upset if you misplaced it." Donnie said as (Y/N) showed a (f/a) plushie wearing the said flappy hat.

"Hopefully, you're okay with me, adding some sew on patches onto the hat."

"With half of my favorite things and yours as well." (Y/N) said giving an open box to Donnie, filled with Jupiter Jim icons and other cool patches.

"I got lucky with one Jupiter Jim fan who didn't have insanely high prices."

"'Just answer intermediate questions about the series and you win some'."

"I still tipped them for the fair prices though." (Y/N) said smiling at his boyfriend. 

Donnie started to blush before returning his attention at the medium sized box.

"We might be here a while sorting through the box." 

"But, thanks for the kind gesture, (Y/N)..." Donnie said as (Y/N) nodded.

"Well, you get first pick even though," 

"I know you'll get most of the Atomic Lass ones." (Y/N) said grabbing the nearest notebook and pencil beside him, beginning to draw a sketch of the flappy hat.

Donnie ignored that topic as the couple brainstormed the list of ideas until 12 am.

Four days later at the lair...

(Y/N) showed up carrying the same box, astonishing the other brothers about the Jupiter Jim sew on patches. Raph had to intervene when Leo and Mikey began to fight over one of the accessories. April arrived at the lair and was the first to point out the flappy hat, decorated with the couple's preferred pins. She nudged Donnie in a teasing matter while (Y/N) was replying a text back at his parents.

("Huh, I guess you chose (Y/N) over Atomic Lass.")

("Since half of the patches show most of the stuff he likes.") April whispered which prompted Donnie to blush.

("Even if I did include, one of my favorite Jupiter Jim characters onto the hat.")

("(Y/N) would have teased me more about it.")

("With additional questions in a similar manner...") Donnie said with a slight glare at her.

April shrugged just as (Y/N) spoke, sitting beside Donnie.

"Donnie kept most of those patches though." (Y/N) said causing Donnie to stare at his boyfriend with a deadpanned expression.

Donnie still accepted the hug from him with a now deepened blushed face.

__________________________________

Edited May 23, 2020

I went with a different approach for the male!reader for Donnie's oneshot (tbh I sort of surprised myself with how cute it turned out)

Anyway leave comments or criticisms