144. April X Male!Pop-eyedGoldfish!Mutant!Reader

Requested by Belugapassword1 with slight edits to the prompt by me

Before you read please DO NOT leave any spoilers or mention of rottmnt season 2's finale in the comments

^Expect this note to show up in this week's oneshots just as a precaution for that note^

In (Y/N)'s bedroom...

"I still look dumb wearing these goggles and along with the water backpack..." (Y/N) said as Donnie folded his arms.

"I'm going to ignore that comment and,"

"You better lose the pessimitic attitude because you already planned a meet up with April at the aquarium."

"Regardless of what that oozesquito did to you and that poor goldfish." Donnie said as (Y/N) frowned looking at the medium sized water tank residing on a large table while the pop-eyed goldfish swam out of its hiding place.

"What if April freaks out on this whole situation?" (Y/N) said as Donnie sighed grabbing his friend away from a chair while Shelldon and the unnamed goldfish stare at the teens leaving the room.

Around 7 pm near the aquarium's entrance...

"Mikey, please use your positive energy because (Y/N)'s losing his cool on this special rendezvous." Donnie asked as he took a call from the other brothers on his phone.

Mikey simply nodded as he and (Y/N) sat by the stairs to the place.

"Its nice of you that you're still taking care of the pop-eyed goldfish."

"Especially with the proper equipment for them." Mikey said as (Y/N) shrugged.

"I'm just relieved that my parents took the whole situation in a calm matter."

"Also, I wasn't aware they used to own a goldfish before both of them started dating."

"They said it was sort of nostalgic but, I started hating the fish puns after the second day in this new form..." (Y/N) said.

"Not sure how long Leo would hold back on those one liners but, I figured April might swoop in to save the day."

"You and April first met at a fan club about that worm guy right." Mikey said as (Y/N)'s face blushed for a bit remembering that moment.

"April's a true fan of that Warren Stone guy."

"She stood up for me after some of the members tried to blame me for stealing a clay statue."

"And she pointed out, the true culprit was the one who tried frame me after listing all the possible reasons."

"I started having a crush on her after that..." (Y/N) said as Mikey teared up at the story.

"You good on telling her how you feel." Mikey said as (Y/N) chuckled.

"I'm still a slightly bit nervous but in a good way." (Y/N) said as Mikey patted his back wishing him good luck.

15 minutes later...

April arrived at the exhibit featuring various freshwater fish. Only a few people inside the room and one person sitting by a museum bench.

"Mind if I sit here?" April asked as (Y/N) sent a text message to her phone.

Sure

"Wait, (Y/N) you're-"

It only took seconds for April to realize the fish stranger was (Y/N) who now stared at a group of goldfish swimming in a relaxed manner as he spoke.

"This day was supposed to be saying 'I like you more than a friend' sort of thing,"

"But, I had to wait a week... Thanks to saving a goldfish from bullies throwing rocks at it."

"The oozesquito situation would have been avoided if I had left the door closed..." (Y/N) said as April sat close putting her arm around him.

"The fish look suits you just fine and the goggles add a bit of a cute factor as well."

"I was sad to hear that you had to switch to online classes."

"Before I got here, the guys gave me a brief update on why you were absent during that week..."

"But, hopefully you're good on an actual date after the usual study sessions we used to have back in middle school..." April said looking at (Y/N) as he blushes slowly smiling and nodding at the idea.

In the distance within the shadows...

The turtles silently cheer with a celebratory high three in unison before leaving the new couple alone on the date.

Timeskip to the weekend at (Y/N)'s apartment... 

April held onto the feeding stick with a food pellet and lifted it behind the fish hoop. (P/N) swam through the hoop now happily eating the treat as she gasped.

"(P/N) finally did it! And you thought this trick would be dumb." April said as (Y/N) chuckles.

"I would prefer the tiny toy soccer ball and field goal but,"

"I had no luck finding either of them at a reasonable price."

"Guess I'll have to get used to it." (Y/N) said as he grabbed an extra feeding stick placing another food pellet.

"Admit it, you watched a few pet fish videos trying not to think badly about the whole situation." April said in a joking tone.

"Maybe but, you would be surprised how the recommended videos I get after watching those videos,"

"Have a few fish owners absolutely hating those fish vases or bowl shaped tanks."

"With rants that can last about fifteen or thirty minutes at most." (Y/N) said as April winced.

"I had a co-worker who talked like that before she got fired at the pet store."

"She knew more about betta fish and argued a lot with the other employees."

"I wouldn't be surprised if she made a rant video..." April said.

"Probably close to an hour with that short gist of it." (Y/N) said as April agreed.

_______________________________

Edited August 12, 2020

I kept the fish theme from the original prompt but went with a different type of goldfish since Piebald's another goldfish mutant

Videos where fish love to be petted are so cute (especially they slowly approach a person silently gesturing for a good pet)

Leave comments or criticisms