146. Donnie X Reader: Lazing Around

Requested by PancakesYum2

Before you read please DO NOT leave any spoilers or mention of rottmnt season 2's finale in the comments

^Expect this note to show up in this next week's oneshots just as a precaution for that note^

During the afternoon...

"Can you tell the difference between a stepladder and a regular ladder?" (Y/N) asked.

"Both items use the same function, there's barely any difference." Donnie replied.

"There is, think deeply about it." (Y/N) said.

Donnie tried to search pictures of the two objects on his phone but, (Y/N) grabbed his device before he could attempt that task.

"That's cheating! And at least, think of one difference..." (Y/N) hinted as Donnie groaned.

"Fine, let's go search for those said ladders in the lair." Donnie said as (Y/N) held onto his phone, following after him.

Near the lair's garage...

"Okay, I found the ladder."

"Any luck on the stepladder?" Donnie asked as (Y/N) carried the other ladder, standing still.

"Now do you see the difference-"

"Not until you give me back my phone." Donnie said in a curt tone as (Y/N) immediately tosses the stepladder at him, hitting his face.

"Why you little-"

Donnie opens the tool by accident as he stares back and forth between the ladder and stepladder, now realizing the distinct characteristic.

"I guess you need to prop a regular ladder while the stepladder needs to be set up properly for it to be used."

"And please hand me my phone back." Donnie said as (Y/N) gives back his phone.

"Such a demanding city boy." (Y/N) said as Donnie lightly glares at them.

30 minutes later near Donnie's lab...

Donnie saw (Y/N) slouching back on a rolling chair with pure disgust on their face, watching a video of their most hated food.

"You're rarely picky about most foods, why would you hate that one-"

Donnie stopped his train of thought now smirking with a devilish idea.

"I'm sure Mikey wouldn't mind to attempt that recipe."

"He's been quite in a rut for cooking ideas..." Donnie said pretending to feel sad as (Y/N) widens their eyes in anger at his suggestion.

"Don't you even dare Donatello..." (Y/N) said as his eyes lit up hearing the word dare.

"Definitely not stepping out to check on Mikey or whatever." Donnie said as he walked backwards now by the entrance, causing (Y/N) to step out of the chair.

It didn't take long for the two teens to sprint out of the open doorway, now heading to the kitchen.

Mikey immediately jumped onto the kitchen counter, startled by the pair's chaotic energy. As Donnie showed the video to him while (Y/N) was trapped in one of the tech sphere devices.

"I could try making that, later in the week."

"But, why is (Y/N) inside there?" Mikey asked as Donnie stepped in front of the large device, subtly muting the sound funtion while (Y/N) explains in a frantic manner.

"They're excited to try it out and can't wait for that wonderful cuisine of your take on the dish!" Donnie said with a smile slightly feeling the glare behind him.

"Uh okay, but, you better let them out though." Mikey said as he casually leaves the kitchen.

(Y/N) lands on the ground and stays put as they spoke.

"If Mikey manages to save the dish, I may or may not spare you..." (Y/N) said as Donnie laughs.

"Try it then." Donnie said in a smug tone.

Around late evening... 

"Isn't that the last slice of cake, Raph was saving for tomorrow-"

"Nope." Donnie said chewing with his mouth full as he glided his rolling chair behind him to hide the evidence.

"Okay, just checking." (Y/N) said as they stepped out while Donnie waited for a few seconds to be in the clear.

Or so he seems, as (Y/N) called him out at the other end of the large table.

"How the heck did you get there?!"

"I saw you exiting the lab!" Donnie yelled.

"Holograms, you nerd!" (Y/N) shouted as the duo went into a lengthy conversation, whether or not to tell Raph about the missing cake.

Eventually, (Y/N) convinced Donnie to return the half eaten cake in its original place with a deal for an ice cream cake. Just before Raph went to check the fridge as the teens hurried back to the lab.

The pair immediately sighed in relief while sitting on the ground.

"You still have some crumbs on your face." (Y/N) said as they handed him a napkin.

"And you better keep your end of the deal..." Donnie replied as he wiped his mouth almost hiding the tiny blush on his face.

Around 11 pm...

On the way back to (Y/N)'s apartment, Donnie noticed them unusually silent as he stopped walking.

"You're rarely this silent, despite how this day has been."

"Did something happen while you were checking your phone? During the late night snack trip back at the convenience store." Donnie asked as (Y/N) blinked shaking their head.

"Nah, its really corny if I tell you." (Y/N) said as Donnie grew some slight interest towards the thought.

"Corny to the point of a teasing comment or an embarrassing one." Donnie said as (Y/N) started laughing with a genuine smile.

"More towards emotional feelings. Since today, I managed to get some reactions from you."

"Compared to your usual uninterested attitude."

"And think of it this way, you sort of complete me,"

"Acting as my opposite." (Y/N) said now blushing at him.

Donnie felt the blush returning to his face unable to think of a response.

(Y/N) shrugged off their embarrassed expression as they spoke up.

"See what I mean but, that thought has been on my mind lately..." (Y/N) said as Donnie finally responds.

"Well, it's really thoughtful of you to explain your feelings through a bit of a scientific observation..."

"So, I wouldn't mind to further expand this new type of relationship..." Donnie said as (Y/N) felt their heart beating faster.

(Y/N) embraces him as he slowly accepts the heartfelt hug.

_________________________________

Edited August 14, 2020

Another old request from last year (and I'm slowly catching up on these at well)

Tbh I haven't felt this annoyed since rc9gn's cancellation but anyway

Leave comments or criticisms