119. Donnie X Female!WaterMonitorLizardMutant!Reader

Requested by Lordexplosionmrder

The turtle tank skidded to a stop, before the plastic bag filled with various gear parts landed near a bridge, showing an entrance to a sewer underneath it.

Donnie wiped the sweat off his forehead as he hurriedly exited the vehicle while his brothers stayed silent, not mentioning the plastic bag until now. He stopped his tracks not recognizing a new area near the city but, resumed retrieving the missing item after a tiring long day.

"Wait... There was another bag with this."

"Where did it-"

The turtle grimaced storing the bag in his battle shell as he slowly checked underneath the bridge in a safe manner as he equips his goggles. He scans the area until observing a water monitor lizard mutant the same age as him, holding the second yet smaller sized bag. He taps the girl's shoulder, stating that the item's she's holding is his as she notices a receipt sticking out with his name in cursive.

"A bit bold, to approach a predator that preys on your species..." (Y/N) said slightly catching the turtle off guard.

However, she waves off the scary vibe, holding the bag towards him with a big grin, slightly showing a blue forked tongue. 

"Must be building something cool since a few of these gears are hard to find these days." (Y/N) said as Donnie takes the second bag, slowly interested by her keen observation.

"Maybe, do you usually build in your free time?" Donnie asked as (Y/N) lightly scratched her cheek.

"I try to but, it's sort of difficult with these new claws in the way..."

"I've put a few projects on hold, adjusting to this new look."

"But at least, I scared off a few unwanted customers!"

"Who used to be determined, trying to haggle off rare parts at my mom's shop..." (Y/N) said.

"So, your mom isn't phased by this whole situation?" Donnie asked as she gestures a mixed reaction.

"Well, after I woke up to my new appearance, she dropped everything during the first week to check on me."

"Business went back to usual after the third week and is now open to mutants and yokai."

"And if you want to check it out..."

(Y/N) gives him one of the business cards with the location before heading off.

"Feel free to do so!" (Y/N) said as she jumped to a chain fence and climbed on top of it.

Donnie returned to the turtle tank just before his brothers dashed out of it. 

"What's with the card?" Raph asked as the other two brothers squinted reading the card.

"Some kind of mechanic workshop." Leo guessed.

"Hopefully the owner doesn't act like Repo Mantis..." Mikey mentioned as Donnie spoke up.

"Well, I met with the owner's daughter, who also happens to be another fellow mechanic."

"And another victim encountering an oozesquito, however she's adjusting to the situation."

"To be honest, more calmer than how Bullhop reacted." Donnie said.

The next day late afternoon at (L/N)'s junkyard...

("She wasn't kidding about the mutants and yokai, also lurking the place...") Donnie thought to himself as the turtles saw a decent crowd, window shopping the assortment of items surrounding the place.

Donnie recognized (Y/N) having trouble attaching a few spur gears as the said parts get caught in her claws. He heads over to her spot but froze, forgetting to ask her name before she left the previous day.

"Wow Donnie, I guess you didn't even ask her name before she gave you the card..." Leo said in a sarcastic tone as (Y/N) saw the familiar turtle wearing his purple bandana with red blue goggles also displaying his angry eyebrows.

(Y/N) lightly chuckled at the annoyed turtle.

"I'm kind of also at fault since I didn't ask for Donnie's name either."

"I haven't met another tech guy in a while so, I got caught up in a brief discussion about building stuff."

"And by the way, the name's (Y/N)!" (Y/N) said waving her claws with one of the spur gears still stuck around her pinkie.

One month and a couple weeks later...

("You shouldn't be nervous giving a gift to (Y/N)...")

("And not worry if-")

Donnie almost drops the purple, neatly wrapped present as (Y/N) opened her apartment door, still groggy after a 45 minute nap.

"That's a first and it's not even my birthday today." (Y/N) said covering a yawn as Donnie nearly shoves the gift in her claws as an attempt to wake her up.

"Just open it..." Donnie said unaware of the blush slowly growing on his face as (Y/N) follows his orders and spots two bracelets in a soft fabric like material, later wearing the devices.

Just before she inspects some of the purple tech parts attached to it, the bracelets begin to transform into (f/c) gloves suitable for heavy machinery and other building uses. As the girl becomes fully awake, delighted by the cool gift.

"I couldn't really express my feelings into a piece of paper but, hopefully cheering you up..."

"With this gift hints the new relationship."

"I want to pursue with you..." Donnie said as (Y/N) hugs the turtle tightly.

"I absolutely love the gift!"

"And of course I'll go out with you, Donatello!" (Y/N) said quickly kissing his cheek. 

Donnie showed a genuine smile returning the hug as the new couple brainstormed a new work in progress blueprint.

Bonus:

A few days later...

While (Y/N) slept on top of his plastron, Donnie glared at his brothers as the trio smirked in unison.

("I'm too lazy to search up that one video, where a lizard kept pulling it's claws gently towards it's owner's hands.")

("Fully enjoying the warmth and not wanting the owner to leave.")

 ("But, it's still the same wholesome feeling, seeing this moment...") Leo whispered as his brothers nodded agreeing to that statement.

(Y/N) hugged the turtle's arm like a long pillow causing the brothers to awe at the sweet scene, annoying Donnie immensely. 

____________________________

Edited April 4, 2020

I was sort of on a roll with this oneshot; I thought it turned out cute near the end of it

Anyway leave comments or criticisms