123. Donnie X Female!Reader: Waiting Slowly Pays Off

Requested by liadrawsalot

3 am...

Donnie lets out a tired yawn, staring blankly at an almost completed project.

To be honest, he wasn't even sure that how he got through the first month. While (Y/N) was visiting her extended family in LA. The turtle ended up resuming his late night habits. Working on other gadgets as his way of biding time for (Y/N)'s return.

"Only another month to go..." Donnie muttered to himself starting to feel the fatigue kicking in.

He lazily removes his battle shell as he heads to bed. Eventually falling asleep as (Y/N)'s missing hoodie softly hits his head.

Flashback within the dream

(Y/N) refrained on scolding the stubborn turtle while she propped his arm around her shoulder. She had her fair experiences with all nighters but, never for four days straight. She stayed silence until she began to unlock her bedroom window.

"Sort of lucky that your brothers bought the white lie I said."

"About me helping you get parts at some junkyard."

"It gets sort of tense whenever you guys argue..."

"But, right now you can rest for a few hours before tonight's patrol." (Y/N) said as she helped Donnie up once more, letting him sit on her bed.

Donnie immediately tapped the button as the battle shell lifted itself off the turtle's shell. Before Donnie reached the blanket, (Y/N) replaced her usual pillow with a second one, more fluffy and bigger.

"I used to have other decorative pillows matching that one but..." 

"It ended up being a hassle trying to sleep in that pile." (Y/N) said as she went to her desk area working on the neglected assignments.

Donnie half smiled seeing the embarrassed expression on her face before he dozed off.

A few hours later, he woke up after she lightly nudged his shoulder as he complained for five extra minutes.

(Y/N) chuckled as she got out of her seat.

"Hmm, get an earful from Raph or Dr. Delicate Touch..." (Y/N) said as Donnie slowly got up.

Not liking either option but, saw his friend giving a plastic bag filled with snacks.

"I helped out April getting the snacks while she was busy at her part time job."

"It'll probably be gone by this week but, I picked a few new ones."

"In case you guys want to try something." (Y/N) said smiling at him.

Donnie mutters a brief thanks as he heads out while (Y/N) took a break on her phone waving good bye to him.

Almost near the lair, his flushed face gradually went away but, gains a soft side at his considerate friend.

Dream Flashback End

After the second month near 8 am...

The constant sounds of someone in his lab walking back and forth almost woke him up. Thinking it was one of his brothers, just before the sound of a food tray was placed beside him.

Donnie grunted slowly sitting up in an annoyed matter.

"Just wake me up at 10am-"

He was wide awake recognizing (Y/N) with grin back at him.

His brothers appeared beside the entrance to the lab, slowly snickering at the overexcited turtle. Embracing (Y/N) in a happy manner as she blushes surprised by his sudden actions.

"Oh man, (Y/N)!"

"The only emotion he had, while you were gone for two months."

"Was just sass 24/7!"

"Along with, ruining his sleeping schedule, which you were so kind to help him before you left..." Mikey said as his older brother scoffed still holding onto (Y/N).

"And you three purposely used an alarm clock just to see me nuzzling (Y/N)..." Donnie retorted as Leo rubbed his eyes pointing at his other brothers.

"It was mostly these two but, you were this close to smother (Y/N) with kisses."

"Which definitely means you like like her." Leo said with a smug smile as he exits the lab.

Donnie blushes in a deep tone as the others head back to their separate rooms. Along with the hug, (Y/N) sent back at him, hiding her flushed face.

1 week later...

(Y/N) finally noticed her missing hoodie by his bed as she picked it up. Prompting Donnie to look away from her direction as he spoke.

"I couldn't really return your hoodie, just when you and your family were heading out for the two month visit."

"And..."

Donnie felt butterflies in his stomach when he woke up, refreshed by the clothing on his forehead into the second month of another waiting dilemma.

"Somehow, it helped me slowly fall asleep than those self proclaimed relaxing background noise videos." Donnie said feeling his face heat up remembering last week's events.

Focusing more on his emotional side than his usual logical self.

"You're usually more into the loud dubstep and lofi music that's on a constant loop."

"But, I'll let you keep my hoodie."

"In case there's another unexpected, long trip..." (Y/N) said as she gently hugged him in a reassuring manner while the turtle drops his pencil losing his train of thought.

She lets go as she shows him one of the extra pillows in a large bag.

"You get first pick on a few so,"

"Leave some for your brothers and dad, okay." (Y/N) said as Donnie also noticed the spare pillow sheets in some of the turtles' favorite colors.

Bonus:

After (Y/N) left for the day, Donnie detected a smug reaction from Raph.

"To be honest, it was nice of you letting pops have the long pillow."

"Like at first, I thought you getting that one since there are body pillow covers of Atomic Lass."

"And other-"

"Could you please not continue that statement..." Donnie said as his face turned red while his brothers gave judgmental stares at the suggestive conversation.

"I dunno Donnie, since you and (Y/N) are lowkey dating."

"It's best to let her know about that." Mikey said still staring at Donnie with no means to drop the subject as the purple turtle sighed.

______________________________

Edited April 25, 2020

I was going to add more to the bonus content but it might have been more suggestive lol

I changed a bit of the flashback portion after rereading it; sort of similar to one of my older oneshots but just a minor detail

Anyway leave comments or criticisms