158. Leo X Reader: Mellow Morale

Requested by Sakura11265

Leo heard a relieved sigh from (Y/N) as his friend sat on the large bean bag chair clutching onto their phone.

"I guess your cousin's excited that you let her have your ticket to the prom." Leo said as (Y/N) turned off their phone.

"Pretty much with how you heard my phone slightly peaking on speaker."

"My mom still thinks I should go and have the prom experience but,"

"She forgets that I hate the large crowds."

"Just sitting on the gymnasium benches until my phone dies." (Y/N) said.

"She kind of wasted twenty dollars on it."

"However, at least you can catch up on that one show."

"You secretly got Donnie into it when you needed his help on one of your assignments." Leo said surprising them.

"It doesn't seem like the type of genre he's into."

"I only mentioned a brief summary about it while I was taking a break." (Y/N) said a bit embarrassed as Leo half smiled.

"Even if it was a vague description,"

"You're so cute when you're excited."

"Like you were definitely happy seeing your favorite character out of a stressful situation."

"And did I also mention, you have the most adorable laugh." 

"With how that same character had another funniest out of context scene." Leo said as (Y/N) felt their cheeks turning pink.

"Shouldn't you be helping out April and the others with the prom decorations?" (Y/N) said looking away from his direction as he grinned.

"Already did it."

"With my stealth mode skills and besides,"

"I'm not going if you're not going, it wouldn't be fun without you." Leo said as the blush on (Y/N)'s face deepened.

(Y/N) refrained from saying another comment as they noticed him dropping his teasing nature to a troubled one.

"Thankfully, you haven't noticed how I've been kind of quiet."

"Like last week, I kept getting the constant dream of how we first met."

"When your ex friends said they would be back after five minutes but, then forgot you were even there."

"Subtle what if scenarios where I have to be careful about my words."

"Either with you just on the brink of tears or immediately leaving after you gave directions to one of April's classes..."

"I'm just glad I was there at the right time just when those posers left."

"Hopefully you don't hate me for this but, I love your sensitive personality, it makes you you..." Leo said as he felt slightly shy gazing at (Y/N) while their eyes widen.

"I'm honestly more baffled that I made the Leon."

"Who's usually grossed out at the idea of romance."

"Now slightly confessing his feelings that doesn't sound remotely sarcastic."

"And its a bit scary to see you this mature when the others aren't around." (Y/N) said as Leo chuckled.

"I'll be more of a mess if I accidentally pushed your buttons."

"I can't imagine myself lasting a day with your icy cold glare." Leo said as (Y/N) sighed but softly grinned sitting close to his side hugging his arm.

"I can tell by the tone of your voice when you say a proper apology."

"I'm not that heartless." (Y/N) said as they kissed his cheek watching him blush.

Leo quickly cleared his throat still having the blush on his face as he spoke.

"So... Just sticking to an all nighter over the lame prom dance?" Leo asked as (Y/N) held onto his hand.

"Probably but, in case you have plans for a date."

"I'm all in for it." (Y/N) said as Leo smiled at the thought.

Timeskip to prom night halfway to the evening...

"A breakfast meal for dinner?" (Y/N) said but slightly amused by the idea as they took a muffin from the paper bag inside the plastic bag containing other breakfast items.

"I was thinking about a breakfast date but,"

"You're definitely not an early morning person." Leo said biting into a fried egg with toast.

"That and Mikey would not trust you on kitchen duty."

"Considering how you burn toast to a crisp." (Y/N) said.

"Hey, at least I can make a good sandwich though."

"But, the thought of Mikey getting slightly suspicious to why I'm showing up to your place to eat breakfast with you is worse."

"Who knows if he would ask the others about it as well." Leo said.

"Why? Did he notice something was off while you were helping April?" (Y/N) asked.

"Yeah, there were a few close calls with Raph or Donnie asking for extra help."

"But, he lowkey knows I have a crush on you."

"Just seeing my face turn pink after getting a text that you were at the lair." Leo said.

"So is that why you dropped off the decorations in a hurry" (Y/N) teased causing Leo to roll his eyes at the question.

(Y/N) spotted Leo's classic slow smirk appearing on his face. Prompting to them to squeak when the turtle sat close next to them.

"I'm not into textbooks like a certain purple turtle but,"

"I'll definitely check you out at some point-"

(Y/N) instantly pulled the light blue bandana facing away his sight of vision as Leo panics.

"I draw the line at those one liners..." (Y/N) said as Leo lightly apologizes readjusting his mask.

_________________________________

Edited January 19, 2021

Some of the compliments are from tumblr at (love-me-a-good-prompt)

"I'm not going if you're not going, it wouldn't be fun without you"

"You're so cute when you're excited"

"You have the most adorable laugh"

"But I love your *insert insecurity,* it makes you you"

And might as well try a suggestive one liner to get out of my comfort zone of writing lol

Leave comments or criticisms