124. Leo X Female!Reader: Almost on the Same Thought

Requested by PancakesYum2

(Y/N) ignored all the gossip about a hidden pizzeria as she made her way to nearest convenience store. Only focusing on the shortcut which is the alleyway. However, she stopped her tracks noticing the concealed entrance with the graffiti now exposing that rumor to be true. As a turtle appeared, wearing a blue bandana and carried a stack of pizza boxes in his arms.

Also pausing as he spots a surprised expression from the girl.

It didn't take long for him to break the awkward silence with one of his usual icebreakers.

"Which way to the nearest sci fi convention?"

"Because, I'm sort of helping out one of the guys at that place..." Leo said.

(Y/N) didn't buy the sudden lie but, ended up being curious at the mutant turtle's appearance.

By the end of the day, the two teens became acquainted with one another.

One month later and the others often noticed the duo together. Almost knowing what the other is thinking.  

Scenario 1

(Y/N) snagged onto the light blue bandana tails as Leo temporarily loses his balance.

"Come on (Y/N)!"

"That poor cat is stuck in a tree-"

"Leo, that particular cat, always perches on any tree."

"And always climbs down afterwards, once it's done with a short catnap." (Y/N) said just as the cat did exactly as expected.

Landing in a calm manner, strolling to the next area.

"So, you know about this cat's shenanigans?" Leo asked as (Y/N) sighed, showing him a youtube channel dedicated to the climbing cat.

Leo watched a few videos with her but, didn't want to admit that her quick thinking actually saved him from one of those clickbait conspiracy videos.

Revealing his 'whole situation' image would grant him an earful from Raph if he went after the cat. 

Scenario 2

Leo recognized (Y/N) unusually silent, wearing the incline roller skates and looking at the ground. He almost expected her to fall down, remembering she hasn't done this in a while but, refrained the sarcastic comment. Even though, she almost glided with ease before the abrupt pause. Luckily, he caught her attention waving his hand a few inches in front of her face as she finally spoke.

"S-sorry I just got caught up, thinking about my friend who got me into incline skating."

"She moved away at the end of middle school so I couldn't help but feel nostalgic about the past..."

"I used to go to skate parks with her."

"So I don't have to start a conversation."

"I'm honestly surprised that I haven't fell down after changing into these new ones..." (Y/N) said as Leo chuckled.

"Well, you're getting better at the conversations after knowing us for a month."

"And I'm sure your friend would be proud of that."

"Like for starters, that one conversation you started with 'what is your favorite pizza topping?'"

"Really led to an intense debate between two of my brothers versus the girls." Leo said.

Leo's considerate nature always catches her off guard as he lightly nudges her, asking if she knows a few tricks.

(Y/N) complies starting off with the basic ones and finally ending on an intermediate trick.

She surprised herself gaining a bit of confidence from the past and now the present.

Scenario 3

Leo smugly points out the big grin on her face as the video on her phone ends with her favorite animal displaying in a cute manner.

"Says the turtle who gushes over any type of cat."

"Even the goblin or ugly ones." (Y/N) said as she brought up the picture of that one sphynx cat's face, photoshopp into an uncooked rotisserie chicken.    

Leo gave an unimpressed look at her as he tries to grab her phone, causing her to run out of the arcade.

After a few minutes, (Y/N) was able to hide behind Raph, still holding onto her phone with the picture as Leo stood in front of his oldest brother. Leo gave up afterwards going back to his comics, neutral towards her for the rest of the day.

During the night patrol, his brothers laughed over the same picture as (Y/N) smiled looking another silly cat picture.

However, his face lightly blushed recognizing her mischievous smile whenever he sees that picture now.

The next day...

The guys went in April's school wearing their hoodies to check out the 'world faire event'. Leo recognized (Y/N) in another booth as his smaller counterpart, playful walks towards her. As one of the two students behind the stall awed at the scene.

(Y/N) blushes as the turtle bit into the round bite sized carrot. She spoke as Leo listened to the conversation as one of the students pointed out her blushing face.

If she thought of someone who also took care of turtles in their spare time.

"Sort of and to be honest, he's my exact opposite."

"And it's good thing on that matter."

"Never thought I'd actually meet someone, who's on the same vibe as my middle school bestie..." (Y/N) said as the turtle finished the food, resting near the palm of her hand.

Leo felt an imaginary cupid's arrow, hitting the back of his head and turned pink, seeing (Y/N) content as she waves good bye, heading to the nearest restroom.

("She's really cute when she smiles like that-")

Leo paused realizing the word cute surfaced on his mind.

"Hoooo boy, this crush thing is gonna kill me if I don't confront (Y/N) about this..." Leo muttered as he heads back to the group. 

Timeskip to the evening...

When the two teens were alone, Leo attempted to bring up the topic, regarding her near the tiny turtle at one of the booths.

"A bit surreal, seeing a turtle almost matching my iconic red stripes."

"And playful one as well." Leo said causing (Y/N) to blush.

"Were you spying on me-"

"Not necessarily! I can't really show up while having to briefly explain this whole situation." Leo said as (Y/N) shakes her head but snickered back at him.

_________________________________

Edited May 2, 2020

Leave comments or criticisms