52. Donnie X Reader: Rendezvous Dance

Monday...

(Y/N) couldn't believe one of their classmates convinced the P.E. teacher to allow certain coordinated dances for a letter grade. They didn't complain happy not to do another course jog and got assigned with a dance of the name "Matryoshka" by Hachi.

They weren't sure which dance was the right one after watching two unofficial dances as they spotted Donnie checking his tablet and went over showing him the videos.

"Quick question, which one would you recommend considering your the dance expert of the group?"

"And by the way, this is for a grade for my-"

Donnie gasps pointing the video with two fictional characters on the side bars.

"The rap version has better timing with the beat of the song..."

"And lucky for you (Y/N),"

"I memorized all the steps so I would gladly assist you on this assignment." Donnie said.

After changing parts of the arcade's layout for space suited for dance practice, Donnie places the laptop on a table. Only a few seconds past as (Y/N) paused the video.

"Do I really have to learn both parts?"

"Because the part at 24 to 25 seconds is too quick to follow.." (Y/N) said.

Donnie clicks the gear settings towards the playback speed changing to 0.5 as he looks at (Y/N) raising an eyebrow at them.

"Ugh. Fine..."

"But I'll still get stuck on some parts even with that feature." (Y/N) said.

"Also as a reminder, since you have an additional week to prepare after this one."

"On Sunday we'll attempt the dance at it's regular speed for the song's intended rhythm."

"Just to see where you're at, (Y/N)." Donnie said as (Y/N) rolls their eyes.

Around Wednesday, the other turtles watched the two in the distance fascinated by their interactions.

"(Y/N), you don't do an entire alligator or crocodile like motion before the 1:18 part."

"But props on following the part before though." Donnie said.

"Sure, but two people are required in this dance so a bit of pizzazz only in this part."

"And I bet you tried something similar later in the song." (Y/N) said.

Donnie chuckles telling them to worry about themselves and not at him.

By Friday, (Y/N) nearly trips themselves towards the 1:48 part as Donnie manages to catch them in time. The duo averted their gaze away as (Y/N) mentions now would be a good time for a break while Donnie agrees.

(Y/N) had to cut the dance routine short after getting a call from their parents having to pick up a last minute delivery now saying their goodbye to the turtles leaving the lair.

Donnie glared at his brothers recognizing the smug look on their faces.

"You guys know I love to dance and that is all I'm saying to this matter!" Donnie said exiting the arcade as the guys texted April about more details to the grade dance.

Midnight...

Donnie continued to look for any potential hurdles in the dance while listening to the song on loop for 24 times. He decided 25 was enough as he removed his battle shell now heading to his bed. A thought later appears as he now texts (Y/N).

Donnie: Hopefully you're still up because I didn't hear any mention of another classmate being partnered with you

Along with outfits

(Y/N): The teacher's chill about having friends in or out of class participating in certain dances  

Your purple hoodie fits with theme so let's just go with that ok

Go to sleep you Prima Don lol (Good Night)

Donnie half smiles at their reply as he puts his phone away now going to sleep.

Sunday...

Mikey gives a thumbs up at the two as he's on duty to holler at any mistakes while the projector is synced with the video while the others started to watch

Donnie notices (Y/N) slightly shaking as he guesses stage fright jitters. He puts his hand on their shoulder as they look up.

"Just follow the rhythm while you're dancing."

"You'll do okay (Y/N)."

"And also a quick learner achieving the steps faster than Leo." Donnie said as Leo shrugs amused going along with his brother's attempt to encourage them.

(Y/N) nods at him and takes a deep breath now a bit calm. They stare at Mikey with a determined expression as he gets the signal while the guys and April cheer for (Y/N).

Near to the 1:48 mark...

(Y/N) managed not to trip this time and sees a grin from Donnie 5 seconds getting back into the song.

The others were in awe just before the song reaches to the clapping part.

(Y/N) smiled at Donnie as they perfectly follow the timing of the movements. A slight blush appears on his face but remains focused as the second to last verse begins.

Donnie forgot about one of the singers saying the 'bye bye part' as his blush started to resurface when (Y/N) closed their eyes overjoyed now putting their hands together in a heart shape at the kiss sound effect

Leo and April recorded their phones in unison while the dancing pair freestyle to their own styles before the song arrived to it's conclusion.

The duo fell down exhausted from the dance but (Y/N) laughed with full content as Donnie smirks at them not caring about the eventually teasing he'll soon receive in the future.

Time Skip to next Monday...

"Did you really have to change the wallpaper and (Y/N)'s icon on my phone?"

"To one of the images from last Sunday's no practice dance routine." Donnie said averting his gaze away at the really cute pictures now turning pink.

"Hush! It took like two hours of editing!"

"You should be lucky me and Leo didn't charge you money for this." April said as Donnie sighs at the two wearing his purple hoodie with make up similar to the dance video characters.

(Y/N) presents themselves outfitted with their (f/c) hoodie and make up as well now grabbing their boyfriend's hand.

"Donnie! We're next after the girls with a red shrine maiden uniform and the other one who has a witch costume!" (Y/N) said as they dragged the blushing turtle away from April and Leo.

__________________________________________________

Originally typed September 2 2019; Edited September 14 2019

2019 has been the year for nostalgia (what a year)

Also another classic song from the 2007's internet era from the Touhou series ("Bad Apple" by Alstroemeria Records feat. Nomico)

Leave comments or criticisms

__________________________________________________