166. Raph X Female!Autistic!Reader

Requested by LuminaNeko

In the lair during a lazy early evening...

(Y/N) blinked just as Leo and Mikey entered the room in a hurry.

"(Y/N), could you please tell Donnie... That, a lot of fruit flavored drinks just taste unbearably nasty!" Mikey said as the youngest brother hid behind Leo who also had a disgusted expression.

"You're just jealous, you three can't stomach cherry soda."

"And if Splinter didn't take the last can without my permission."

"I would have gladly share a bit with (Y/N) so she can try it."

"Twenty dollars if you can finish half of it." Donnie said whispering the last comment within a comfortable distance so she could hear it.

The three turtles were confused once she started laughing.

"Sorry, its just that, when Mikey mentioned fruit flavored drinks."

"I just think of that one tiktok."

"Where a guy tries to run away from his friends who keep saying, 'Wanna sprite cranberry?'."

"Its just pure chaos but, wholesome nonetheless." (Y/N) said as she pulled up the video on her phone showing it to the guys.

Raph left his room after sorting through his stuff. Seeing his brothers laugh at the video for the fifth time.

Donnie wiped a small tear as he spoke.

"Normally I'm not fond of the content on that site but, (Y/N) is quick with," 

"Finding videos of pure comedy gold material." Donnie said as his brothers agreed.

"We could get back at April for scaring us-"

"(Y/N)! You need to show Raph that video!" Leo said as Raph greeted her with a friendly smile.

(Y/N) silently nodded feeling her face heat up. Walking to Raph's side letting him watch the video. She couldn't help but stare at his face. Amazed on how a big guy like him has such a caring personality.

"No wonder you guys were cracking up at this."

"But, I'll pass on getting back at April."

"And its a death wish, if you three decide on doing that right now."

"While she's playing a horror game, right (Y/N)."

"(Y/N)."

"Do I have something on my face?" Raph asked checking his face without a mirror as (Y/N) shook her head.

"N-no, you're good..." (Y/N) said slightly distressed with her head beginning to hurt.

The trio recognized her pained expression as Mikey spoke up in a cautious tone not to upset her.

"Raph, I know you just finished cleaning up your room."

"But, I'm sure (Y/N) is curious about it."

"And, do you still have that cool nightlight that gives off a shadowy effect?" Mikey asked as Raph grew worried.

"I think so and that's great thinking Mikey."

"I just turned off the lights in my room so it should ease a bit of your headache (Y/N)." Raph said cautiously taking her hand.

(Y/N) mumbled a brief thank you as she sat on the edge of his bed. With the sore feeling starting to subdue as she noticed the paper lantern on the ceiling and other items around his room. Before she could comment on one of the various pieces, Raph finally found the nightlight. Plugging the device as a mild dark red color filled the room.

"Hopefully it isn't too bright..."

"Pops used to put it in one of the paper lanterns." 

"That and a teddy bear buddy helped get rid of the nightmares I used to have as a kid."

"I was planning on giving this nightlight to you but, I couldn't find a spare box to work as a surprise gift." Raph said as he started to blush.

"I'll gladly accept it, surprise gift or not."

"And cherish it deeply, thank you Raph."

(Y/N) gulped going with her gut, clutching on the red blanket as she spoke.

"Are you free this weekend?"

"Its doesn't have to be too special but, I would really like... For it to be a date though..." (Y/N) said closing her eyes expecting a rejection from him.

But, her eyes opened, seeing him hold her hands in a delicate manner.

"I would be happy to go on a date with you."

"It can even be at your place so you won't feel overwhelmed by the bustling crowds and avoid rude people in general." Raph said as (Y/N) finally looked back at him with an exciting nod.

Timeskip during the date...

"I could ask Donnie to make noise cancelling headphones for you." Raph said starting to chew on a slice of pizza.

"He might get annoyed if you keep hovering over him for any of his slight 'fixes'." (Y/N) said as Raph shrugged.

"Yeah but, the thought of you just turning the switch towards the 'off button' while someone starts talking nonsense is still on my mind." Raph said as (Y/N) smiled.

"Adjusts the volume to zero, that's much better." (Y/N) said as Raph chuckled.

"You and Donnie have a similar level of petty energy except,"

"You're more careful about it and its good that one of your classmates kept that video."

"Of you, staring at the camera, unimpressed about something." Raph said as (Y/N) took a sip of her drink.

"I was accidentally in the shot but, thankfully the camera guy wasn't one of those jerks."

"After high school ends, popularity doesn't really carry into college unless you're a rich kid."

"But, the video helped cheer up April when she had to deal with customer service on that particular day."

"I'm content with making people laugh especially, when its the people I care about." (Y/N) said giving a kiss on Raph's cheek causing him to nuzzle his face closer to hers.

______________________________

Edited February 23, 2021

I'll willing to do similar prompts for the other two turtles (I'm glad that people find comfort in these specific oneshots; especially reading the comments from the first one I did for Donnie)

I haven't read fanfics outside the ones I typed but its really disappointing when there's fans who go overboard on these particular prompts (in my opinion it sets off a red flag; especially on the author and people who aren't aware of stuff like this or choose to ignore it as a little thing)

Anyway leave comments or criticisms