47. Mikey X Female!Prosthetic!Reader

Requested by chu1luc

Mikey puffed his cheeks at Leo when his older brother and (Y/N) were laughing at vine complications by the skate ramp as he helped Donnie with (Y/N)'s prosthetic arm.

"Helped" meaning making sure Donnie doesn't attach another gadget. So far, there's been some close calls but he now made a prototype of a spare arm with her permission with his tech gear as he's fixing (Y/N)'s regular prosthetic arm.

"Jealousy isn't a good look."

"Not saying you're already green with envy.." Donnie said with his googles on.

"Har. har.. Every funny D..." Mikey said now glaring at the two.

"I usually make a joke being the funny one but..."

"This isn't one Michael.."

"Since sometimes your feelings tend to, what's a proper way of saying this,"

"Overflow with a bit of angry in your tone..." Donnie said.

Mikey laid back in the rolling chair unimpressed by his words. But Donnie had a point though, Mikey's Dr. Delicate Touch is practically the opposite of his sweet sensitive nature. He frowns hating that he feels jealous about (Y/N).

"Do you think (Y/N) even likes me D?"

"She hangs out more with Leo these days.." Mikey said now hiding his head halfway into his shell.

"Urk... It doesn't hurt to ask."

"Especially that you're more in tune with your feelings compared to your older brother who's still perplexed by the concept of emotions." Donnie said.

"Hey! Stop that! You have your own way of expressing yourself!" Mikey shouted as Donnie chuckles.

"Try to have that positive energy as Leo says it,"

"Your legendary optimism." Donnie says as he scoots with his rolling chair over to Mikey giving him (Y/N)'s prosthetic arm.

"Wh-?! Why-y aren't you going with me!?" Mikey asked.

"You've been more careful about her arm when you were by her side requesting me to fix her arm after her parents ran into financial troubles..."

"Can't really say more but think about Mikey."

"And good luck buddy!" Donnie said with a smile as his tech arms extend pushing Mikey's chair out of the lab.

A camera phone clicks after Mikey curses under his breath. He blinks for a couple of seconds before getting up as he watches the two teens. (Y/N) tries to grab Leo's phone as he snickers at her while her facial expression appeared pink and upset at him.

Mikey breathes through his snout as he held the prosthetic arm to his plastron heading to the two teens.

Just as Mikey was about to hand over the arm, Leo speedily inspects it in front of (Y/N).

"I don't really give compliments to Donnie's tech stuff..."

"But he's outdone himself! When it's not his stuff.."

"You're in good hands (Y/N)!"

"And in another one's arms.."

"If you get my drift (Y/N)!" Leo said as he runs off leaving the duo.

"I swear those two are twins despite being two different species of turtles..." (Y/N) said.

"I know right!"

"And I don't even know what type I am!" Mikey said as the pair look at each other.

The two teens laugh afterwards talking about today's events.

__________________________________________________

(Y/N) equipped her prosthetic arm as Mikey examines the mechanical arm slowly adjusting to her body.

"You ever heard about phantom pain Mikey?" (Y/N) asked now directing her attention towards him.

"I've only heard bits of Donnie and April's conversation about it."

"But I don't know what it actually means.."

"Sorry though..." Mikey said a bit embarrassed not knowing that word.

"Oh! Don't feel sorry about it!"

"That phrase means I still feel my missing arm."

"Sometimes there's certain levels of pain but I took my medicine for it before going to the lair today."

"Leo was nice enough to redirect my attention away from the slight pain as the medicine starting kicking in while we watched random videos." 

"And half way through one video..."

"I really wished he wasn't in a teasing mood as he paused it." (Y/N) said now blushing as the orange bandana tails from Mikey flare up a bit jealous.

"N-not that it's any of my business..."

"But was he flirting with you?" Mikey asked gritting his teeth with a fake smile.

"What?! No!"

"He kept using one liners about my crush on you-"

(Y/N) covered her mouth with the prosthetic arm as Mikey's jaw dropped with a crimson face.

Near the living room...

"Huh. I guess your plan actually worked Leo." Donnie said.

"Yep! To be honest, it was annoying having the two pace in the exact place at a different time."

"Unsure how to confess to one another..."

"Sometimes a direct approach works for this situation!" Leo said confidently.

Raph continues to sew part of a clothing to a teddy bear not commenting on his younger brothers' shenanigans.

The next day...

(Y/N) helped Mikey with figuring out a color scheme for her battle prosthetic arm as she checks out the device equipped to her.

After a few minutes, she accidentally pressed a button that switched the hand to a grappling hook as it wrapped the two together now crashing to the floor.

The couple blushed in unison with a smile on both of their faces as they proceed to talk about date plans while getting out of the tangled mess.

Near the entrance to the arcade, the others watch the happy duo. April joined the bet with Leo and Donnie saying (Y/N) might sweep Mikey off his feet when she gets used to the grappling hook and other mechanical features. April suggested other ideas as Raph shook his head in disbelief at the mischievous atmosphere around him.

__________________________________________________

Originally typed around August 24 to 30, 2019

I remember hearing the phrase "phantom pain" in the metal gear solid series (maybe around the 5th game but idk; such a unique game handling stealth missions and other iconic moments that are part of the video game history) (granted there are things that could be better but still a funny game though)

Leave comments or criticisms