74. Raph X ChinchillaMutant!Reader

Requested by LucasBurke

In the Hidden City...

As Raph opens the door to an antique store, his brothers rush in amazed at the decorations. He catches one of the objects about to fall on the ground as the cashier sighs at the rowdy turtles. He turns around noticing a chinchilla mutant the same age as him behind the register sitting on a leather seat slightly annoyed as they begin to speak.

"Break something and it's half off."

"Store policy." (Y/N) said as their long tail grabs the item from Raph.

"We'll try not to break anything uh..."

Raph quickly scans at the name-tag on the chinchilla's shirt as it displays (Y/N)'s name.

"(Y/N), right?" Raph said as (Y/N)'s ears lower but responded back to the turtle.

"Yeah, that's me..."

"Anyway, you guys looking for something or what..." (Y/N) said.

Raph never expected a tiny yet cute creature to look so tired but he remembered April's experience with customer service. Not good for the employees' mental health at all.

"Um, would it be okay if me and my brothers search for a type of mystic metal?"

"Of course, with you supervising over us so you don't get in trouble of any damages we might end up causing..." Raph asked.

(Y/N)'s ears perked up by the kind turtle's concern.

"Since you asked nicely, sure." (Y/N) said as they opened the counter door now by Raph's side.

(Y/N) walks ahead with Raph following behind them as they go upstairs.

Mikey accidentally startles (Y/N) as their tail wraps around him as the other two turtles witness (Y/N)'s cool skill.

"Must be pretty handy to have that around this place." Leo said.

"I think it would be great if Splinter was a tiger but if he was a chinchilla,"

"Almost perfectly spherical like an orb!" Mikey said as the other two brothers nod in agreement.

Raph blushes seeing (Y/N) laughing as they set Mikey down releasing him afterwards.

"Always take sphere puns over cute compliments!" (Y/N) said as they joined in the conversation.

After a while, (Y/N) gets a further explanation of the significance of the mystic metal. However, a sad expression shows up on their face.

"A pair of flying beasts got the piece you guys were looking for,"

"I'm sorry that today was a bust on your search for the mystic metal..." (Y/N) said as Raph pets their head.

"We didn't break anything in the store along with cheering up a new friend of ours."

"It's better than waiting around!" Raph said as he removes his hand grinning at them.

"R-right!"

"Good luck on the search though!" (Y/N) said almost heading back to the cashier counter until Raph taps their shoulder.

"Sorry that I ask too much today but you wouldn't mind that I get your phone number?"

"In case you want to hang out..." Raph said as (Y/N) nods.

(Y/N) takes a piece of paper, hastily scribbling down their phone number as Raph does the same writing down his for them. 

Farther away from the antique store, Raph's mask turns pink as he hears April on speaker as the guys tell her about how he got a number from someone today.

Events after season 1's finale and Many Unhappy Returns...

(Y/N) sighs after their co worker left them after an unusually long break. Struggling to push the heavy cart filled with fragile packages, the vehicle stops in it's tracks as (Y/N)'s ears flare up about to confront the problem.

However, they blush spotting Raph as he waved hello.

"It's against policy to let strangers help out but,"

"It doesn't count if you're acquainted so..." (Y/N) said as Raph goes over to assist his friend.

"No worries (Y/N)!"

"Lame of that guy leaving all the work to my new buddy." Raph said pushing the cart with ease.

It only took an hour for the two teens arriving back at the antique store. The wolf-like owner of the store poked fun on (Y/N)'s crush on the turtle as she gave the okay to let (Y/N) take their holiday break early.

Luckily for (Y/N), Raph didn't notice after dropping off the last package.

The two teens return to a random side of New York City while other mutants and yokai surround the area minding their own business.

"You don't mind I ask about the updates on the mystical metal?"

"I only heard bits of it from customers during slow work days."

"But things must be busy for you guys as of now..." (Y/N) said as Raph sighs.

"Sometimes."

"But at least we don't have to stick to old traditions my pops had to do."

"He even shredded an old scroll after it said become a hermit protecting the last piece along with saying that his sons' sacrifice is honorable or something."

"Really proud of my pops going against those views." Raph said

(Y/N) walks in front of their large friend displaying a hug at him.

Raph noticed (Y/N) with their arms open facing his direction. He smiles carefully hugging his friend as (Y/N) blushes.

"Am I pushing it if I call you cute (Y/N)?" Raph teased as (Y/N) averts their gaze.

"Only once a day..." (Y/N) said deepening their flushed face as Raph snickers.

1 week later...

Splinter's new teapot nearly hits the floor by his sons' intense game of tag. (Y/N)'s tail catches the handle of the teapot as they arrive to the lair.

"So (Y/N) it is."

"A pleasure to meet you." Splinter said as (Y/N) smiles giving back the warm teapot.

"I know it's been a short time I've met your son but,"

"Raph only said a brief mention of the mystic metal incident,"

"And he's proud of you with what you did over the dumb traditions..." (Y/N) said.

Splinter places the teapot in a safe place before he hugs (Y/N) crying tears of joy.

"Raph! You need to keep and cherish this one!" Splinter shouted as Raph blushes running ahead of his brothers getting into the turtle tank for the next night patrol.

"All the compliments at (Y/N),"

"It's a bit of karma for Raph, huh..." Mikey said as his brothers chuckle.

_______________________________________________

Typed around November 26 2019

Slight spoilers about season 1's finale and taking place after the season 2

Leave comments or criticisms