63. Donnie X Reader: Inconvenient Solutions?

Requested by PancakesYum2

In the lair around 4:30 pm...

(Y/N) sat by the charger scrolling on their phone. Just as (Y/N) checks on their favorite gaming app, the tone of a bot call interrupts them as they glare silently at the annoying spam call. Before it could hang up, the "Donnie Blocker" appears erasing the contact information and other similar ones that took up most of (Y/N)'s phone calls.

Donnie keeps his composure expecting a text from (Y/N) as he examines the message.

You could have told me about the 'Donnie Blocker' before I got here 

(I left my phone here by accident)

But, it got rid of the annoying bot calls

So I'll keep it around for a bit, thanks

A dumb like grin surfaces on his face almost melting in his chair after he read the text. He relishes in (Y/N)'s surprisingly positive attitude when it involves his inventions.

The first time when (Y/N) experienced his usual gadget mishaps, they sighed in disbelief almost similar to April's reactions. But after helping him clean up the clutter left behind, they flatter him despite his usual "fixes".

"I've got to hand it to you."

"You still keep creating all sorts of devices despite what your brothers or April say."

"I don't think April will admit it but that one app you made,"

"Saved an entire high school from disappearing."

"Also the turtle tank with a cool taxi on it's back..." (Y/N) said as they stretched after discarding the last scrap of metal in a disposable trash can.

Donnie pauses not used to this type of praise as he sees (Y/N)'s reflection near an intact mirror.

(Y/N) lightly taps his shoulder with an adjustable wrench.

"Don't let the negative vibes get to you."

"I thought whatever you made was pretty neat." (Y/N) said as they placed the wrench at the table now saying their good bye to him as they begin to leave the lair heading back home.

One of the metallic arms from his battle shell reach to grab the wrench (Y/N) previously touched as Donnie gripped onto it.

He wasn't aware of the bits of pink blush on his face as an image of (Y/N)'s comforting smile stays ingrained in his mind.

Donnie regains his composure after reminiscing that fond moment and goes back to work on a new blueprint for another project.

Time Skip to the night patrol...

Donnie spots (Y/N) sitting near the bus stop bench who yawns with groceries in their lap. He greets them as they cover their yawn waving at him.

"Out on another night patrol D..." (Y/N) said.

"As usual..." Donnie said as (Y/N) recognizes the light blue portal with Leo appearing afterwards.

"Sup Leo." (Y/N) said as he winks back while Donnie scowls at his brother.

"Say... why not help (Y/N) with their groceries?"

("When they're this sleepy, a lot of those items tend to go missing...") Leo said and whispered at that last statement as (Y/N) throws a bread bag at him.