66. Mikey X Writer!Reader: Artist Collaboration

Requested by PancakesYum2

Time slowly passed as Mikey laid bored in his hammock bed struggling to fall asleep. He pulled out his phone now deciding to check a fanfiction site with stories of the Jupiter Jim series and eventually found one with 30+ mini stories of different scenarios involving the hero's antics.

He finished the 15th story just as the author updated with a new one. He yawns leaving a comment praising the author with such cool stories and asks if he could make an art cover. He sends the response just as he falls asleep dreaming one of the stories as if it were a movie.

Time Skip to late afternoon...

Mikey tags along with April as he talks nonstop about the recent Jupiter Jim fanfiction he's been reading since yesterday.

"Lucky for you I happen to know the author."

"Who also happens to be the same age as you."

"And they're helping me out for a creative writing assignment." April said as Mikey gasps.

"Really?!"

"Is it okay if I help out too April?" Mikey asked pleading to her with puppy dog eyes.

"The more the merrier!" April said petting his head as Mikey grins.

"This is so exciting and I can't wait to meet them!" Mikey yelled.

1 hour later...

(Y/N) meets up with the two teens near the side of a convenience store and April introduces Mikey to them. They gasp as they pull up a photo on their phone.

"You wouldn't happen to be that cool dj turtle who helped that turtlepotamus guy last year!"

"That cosplay battle/dance routine is still best!" (Y/N) said who lit up with passion with their eyes gleaming at him.

April smirks recognizing Mikey slowly blushing as he speaks.

"W-well, yeah-h!"

"To be honest, April actually saved my oldest brother in the hippopotamus suit with the meme she made!"

"Kind of a long story with our situation..." Mikey said as (Y/N) nods.

"Oh okay."

"Don't sweat over the small details."

"Let's just help April ace the creative writing assignment!" (Y/N) said as April fake coughs getting their attention.

"Mikey here is also an artist."

"And he's been a fan of your work since yesterday night,"

"And with the upcoming fanfic contest,"

"You don't mind collaborating with him,"

"He has the art cover skills you're looking for." April suggested.

"Ooo!"

"Remind me after the assignment because I would love to see sketches or any artworks you made Mikey!" (Y/N) said as Mikey smiles at his new friend.

5 days later...

April's assignment met the page requirements along with the short story completed as she hugs the two younger teens before heading out expressing a quick thank you while the duo waved goodbye.

 Mikey noticed (Y/N) thinking to themselves as they stare at the blank screen on their writing app.

"Having a bit of a writer's block (Y/N)?" Mikey asked.

"Not really but I'm a bit nervous entering a writing contest for the first time..." (Y/N) said.

"Hmmm..."

After a brief moment of thinking a smile appears on his face as he places his hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"Let's just focus on having fun with it before the due date."

"Okay (Y/N)." Mikey said as (Y/N) nods in agreement.

The next day near early evening...

(Y/N) struggles trying to using a spray paint can while wearing the mask they borrowed from Mikey. He shakes off the urge to laugh at them as he goes over to help unaware that his brothers observe him placing his hand over (Y/N)'s with the proper motion utilizing the art utensil.

Donnie then writes down on a notecard then quickly places it in his tech arms as he stealthily drops it near (Y/N)'s laptop.

"You know sci fi fans get whiny when romance stuff gets involved..." Leo said as Donnie scoffs.

"(Y/N) has a better grasp on that particular genre."

"I forgot what it's called but better than those condensed rom com films." Donnie said.

"Whatever story those two will write,"

"I'm sure it'll be great though." Raph said.

Around 11 pm...

(Y/N) and Mikey stared in awe at the fourth art piece in it's polished state. It illustrated Mikey's signature orange colors blending harmoniously with (Y/N)'s (F/C)s displaying a scene of the iconic Jupiter Jim along with two silhouette figures referencing them.

"This really helped a lot Mikey..."

"Thank you." (Y/N) said as Mikey scratched his head.

"(Y/N), since the judging starts around 6 pm..."

"Would it be okay to have a mini date?"

"Just to ease the nervous vibes as the competition begins on that day..." Mikey asked which caused (Y/N) to blush but playfully nudged his arm.

"I don't mind that's a great idea!" (Y/N) said as a grin surfaced on their face while Mikey returns one back at them.

Two weeks later and around 5 pm...

The two teens enjoyed looking around the building as the brothers looked after the art entries the duo made by the art booth.

On their way back to the said art booth, (Y/N) gave Mikey a key chain plushie that matched the one near their belt.

"Consider it a gift from me for the cool collaboration we did and"

(Y/N) kisses his cheek just as his brothers witnessed the scene with shocked reactions.

After 2 hours and 30 minutes at the lair...

Mikey still looks over at the gold medal ribbon as the result of his art piece winning. He couldn't shrug off the sad vibes that (Y/N)'s story only won third place. He sees (Y/N)'s reflection as they hug him.

"Don't feel bad about it."

"The fact you won with my help is still a good feeling."

"And I bet there are other opportunities for the both of us..." (Y/N) said.

Mikey grins as he listens to them suggest an idea to search the Hidden City for future teamwork art projects.

________________________________________________

Originally typed November 1, 2019; Edited November 16, 2019

A bit of edits were made after I watched that one episode with Jupiter Jim (not really fond of that character but a decent episode none the less)  

Leave comments or criticisms