12. Mikey X Pet Sitter!Reader

Warning for the mention of a late pet (not graphic but implied)

___________________________________________________

Just be before Mikey waved to his friend Todd the mutated capybara at the entrance of the Cuddle Cakes Puppy Rescue, he spots a (favorite dog breed) mutant near him. The individual was about to carry the dog food bag but, Todd drags them to meet Mikey dropping it afterwards.

"Hey Mikey! This new friend is (Y/N)! They won a contest I hosted saying why all pets of all ages should be adopted and they're here for the entire summer assisting me with the puppies!" Todd said cheerfully.

(Y/N)'s slightly wobbly after the almost fast speed dash they went with Todd and could only managed a dizzy wave at the turtle wearing an orange bandana.

Mikey waved back as a sweatdrop appeared on his bandana and went over to the two.

"Is it okay if (Y/N) takes a tiny break? You kind of drained them at the speed you were going after dragging them here." Mikey said.

Todd noticed them about to fall and catches them as he gives a thumbs up to Mikey.

After 5 minutes, (Y/N) recovers from their minor teeter-totter spell and the two teens talk for a bit sitting around the picnic bench.

"I really hope I'm not nosy about your situation but my brothers told me that it's important to be aware of humans who recently mutate from the oozesquitoes."

"I'm not sure about Todd's case but I won't ask more if you're uncomfortable about it, (Y/N)." Mikey said completely his speech.

The ears from (Y/N) perk up as a response.

"To be honest it's a semi-long story but, I'll just say this." (Y/N) said as they took a deep breath and exhaled.

"My parents saw me mutate just as I was about to go with Todd." (Y/N) said as their ears fell down.

Todd paused stopping by a tree to hide while holding the drinks and snacks on a tray.

"I ended up fainting afterwards not remembering a thing about the painful process."

"When I woke up, both of my parents hugged me and started crying."

"I think it was about an hour when they finally regained their composure and started to pet my head."

"My new appearance reminded them of their late dog that brought them together as a couple."

"Before we said our good byes, Todd recommended I stay with him for a while because he knew a friend used to this situation."

"And I'm guessing that friend is you, Mikey." (Y/N) said ending their story.

Mikey bursted into tears and gave a bear hug to (Y/N) as he did his best trying to console his new friend even though he's the one crying.

Todd let a out one of his hearty laughs as he walked over to the two.

"I'll leave these refreshments right here, (Y/N) you're still a kid adjusting to this, just take the day off today getting to know Mikey, okay." Todd said placing the tray on the table.

"Oh. Alright then." (Y/N) said returning Mikey's hug as the capybara left the two to check on the puppies.

___________________________________________________

Midway to the end of summer...

Mikey frequently visit his friends at least once a week and sometimes live chats with his brothers while he's over there. After a few weeks getting to know (Y/N), he sometimes freezes in place whenever they're in his personal space excited to chat with his brothers. Leo was the first to notice the blush around Mikey's face but knew better not to tease his brother about the steady crush. However, that's not the same for the other two turtles who had separate ideas after picking up hints accidentally looking through Mikey's phone.