24. Mikey X Fox!Reader

Requested by LuckyJean_13 (4/4)

Mikey was on his way home until he noticed fireflies leading to some type of place near the deep forest. He checked his phone for the time.

("7:29 pm.")

("I'll just snoop around for at least two hours.")

("and then I'll head out afterwards.") Mikey thought to himself as he now follows the glowing bugs to the entrance of a fair bustling with yokai and tons of mystic energy.

Mikey gazed around the mini markets in awe reminiscing one of the films he watched with his brothers and dad when they were little. He then spotted an appealing shop and walks over there.

Mikey peered at the shop embellished with craft like trinkets and looked up to see no one there. He was about to leave disappointed until hearing the sound of footsteps inside the shop. A fox like mutant that's the same age as him showed up just before Mikey took a step away.

"Ugh! I told my cousin to put up the out to break sign before I left!"

"But once again he forgot!" (Y/N) said catching their breath before sighing.

"Are you just going to stare or buy something?" (Y/N) said now looking at Mikey.

"Um... It's kind of my first time at this fair."

"So.. I'm not sure if there's some type of special fee in place of the typical money exchange..." Mikey said rubbing his neck a bit embarrassed.

"Another city kid this week.."

"But at least you're bright though about the special fee though..."

"Many mutants go empty handed after exiting the fair not knowing about the trading system.."

"I'll tell you what..."

"I don't mind helping you out." (Y/N) said as their tail swirled and instantly teleported to Mikey's side.

"What do I have to do?" Mikey asked.

(Y/N) handed him a picture of a (f/c) boxed figurine as they held a wooden calligraphy brush dipped in black ink and drew a circle closing up the shop.

"Trade me that box and you can have one souvenir from my uncle's shop." (Y/N) said drying the brush as they put it back around their artist tool belt.

Mikey really wished to have a similar belt like that but remained focused on getting the souvenir for his family.

"Okay!"

"By the way, my name is Mikey!" Mikey said holding his hand towards (Y/N).

"(Y/N)." (Y/N) said as they grasped his hand in a mutual handshake.

________________________________________________

(Y/N) and Mikey now entered an outdoor restaurant that include the prize (Y/N) wanted. (Y/N) gave Mikey the amount of money for 30 fortune cookies. After 15 minutes, the two teens got the treats and sat in unoccupied table as Mikey began to open the cookies one by one.

"I sort of wished the cookies had at least a heartfelt message.."

"Even with the dud ones..." Mikey said after breaking the ninth cookie.

"Not in this fair or other yokai/mutant festivals." (Y/N) said munching on the crushed pieces placed on a paper plate while sorting out the other prize tickets into separate piles.

"You don't seem to be happy or fazed by it (Y/N)." Mikey said pausing his actions.

(Y/N) shrugged at him taking another bite of a half cookie.