134. Leo X Cosplayer!Reader

One hour into a sci fi treasure hunt that took placed inside a convention. The turtles split up trying to get exclusive Jupiter Jim merchandise. So far, Raph found a teddy bear decorated with the iconic character's outfit. Donnie secured one of the limited edition soundtracks. And Mikey held onto one of the early concept art books.

Leo sent a text, congratulating his brothers about the news but, he sat by, the now empty toy gacha machine. Which only contained four of the same character as he stared at one disappointed by his luck.

"Um, I wouldn't 't mind trading the duplicates."

Leo looked up and saw a person cosplaying as Red Fox.

"You sure? Most fans wouldn't trade a completed set over some duplicates." Leo said as (Y/N) added more to their comment.

"My friend went to the same event, a couple days ago, and got an extra set of the four collectables."

"She's been into repainting figurines so, you're doing her a favor with those duplicates."

"And she let me borrow this cosplay outfit of..."

(Y/N) paused for a few seconds until remembering the name of the sci fi character from the series.

"Was her name Red Fox?" 

"Sorry, I'm still new to this series..." (Y/N) said as Leo got up, trying to hide his excitement.

"Nah, don't be too harsh yourself and in fact,"

"You're looking at the number one fan of Jupiter Jim series." Leo confidently said as (Y/N) sighed relieved that Leo wasn't one of those fanatics.

Around thirty minutes...

(Y/N) was in awe by Leo's infinite trivia on the sci fi series' movies and its comics. As Leo played out certain parts of the scenes with a no spoiler context. He had to catch his breath as he sat back down, still enthusiastic about his favorite series. But, he realized he hasn't heard from (Y/N) ,who remained interested by his endless rambling.

("Hoooo boy, is this what it feels like, whenever Donnie goes into speech mode...") Leo thought to himself as he switches the conversation.

"Okay, time out on the Q&A."

"So (Y/N), I take it this is your first time to a sci fi convention?" Leo asked as (Y/N) replied with lively no.

"The same friend I mentioned earlier, has her older brother as a chaperone." 

"I don't remember the exact day of the first convention we went to but,"

"It's around the start of middle school and she dragged me into the whole world of cosplay."

"It began with using our favorite characters as Halloween costumes."

"And now I really got into it."

"Although, any chance there's an official causal outfit from the show or its original source."

"I try to replicate that because,"

"High quality materials tends to scare a lot of newcomers."

 "And I still have that feeling despite, gaining a few fans on my budget friendly advice." (Y/N) said twiddling their thumbs in an embarrassed manner.

"Well, consider me as another one of your fans, for your honest and down to earth personality, (Y/N)." Leo said as the two teens talked about another topic while his brothers saw the duo in the distance.

"Seeing how Leo obtained the toy capsules from another Jupiter Jim fan,"

"I guess we finished the treasure hunt." Donnie said as he used his goggles to scan the items.

Almost about a week near 3 pm...

Leo was around the corner of the meeting area as he spotted (Y/N), cheerful waving their hand. As his friend carried the box with the customized figurine.

"Huh, so you just got back from another convention." Leo said noting his friend's outfit as (Y/N) snickered.

"Not really, it's more towards getting used to the hair extensions for my next outfit."

"And the theme references a song where a girl breaks the anti-phone zombies act."

"Which causes the court to use a justice beam at her and she transforms into a tiny turtle."

"After that, she learns about the short story involving the Roman Empire while she's stuck in that form." (Y/N) said as Leo held the box under his arm.

"I guess you're good on the outfit." Leo said as (Y/N) sighed.

"I've been unlucky trying to find a light teal backpack."

"And that's the only thing I need..." (Y/N) said as Leo thought of an idea.

Timeskip to late evening...

After a long search and thanks to Leo's quick thinking, they were able to secure the missing piece to (Y/N)'s outfit. (Y/N) finished stitching the new light teal backpack. The upper horizontal half showed sewn on patches mimicking a turtle's shell. Leo's face started blushing as (Y/N) wore the bag. They twirled in a circle, happy about the outcome.

(Y/N) then noticed the video on Leo's phone with the title "All Phone Zombies Lead to Rome by manbo-p" as the song ends with a girl running off learning her lesson with a new perspective.

"Hey! You were the one who talked about the song."

"Although, kudos to the creator for the mini history lesson on Rome, that's about five minutes." Leo said.

"I guess but, thanks for helping out."

"It's been a while that I had any fun, trying to find stuff I need for the whole cosplay process." (Y/N) said as they smiled at him.

"Anytime, (Y/N)!"

"Just text me if you wanna go another date-"

(Y/N) blinked surprised as Leo froze with a deeper blush on his face. Leo ran off quickly thanking them about the custom toy as he retreats to the lair.

As he reached the ground floor of the lair's entrance, he heard the phone conversation between Raph and (Y/N).

"If you were wondering where Leo was,"

"He helped me out for today."

"I might need his help for future projects,"

"So is it okay if I borrow him every now and then?" (Y/N) asked as Leo felt his face heat up.

Raph replied with a brief sure as the call ended after a few minutes.

"If (Y/N) cosplayed as Atomic Lass,"

"I wonder if a certain turtle would be jealous as Donnie fanboys at her outfit." Raph suggested as Leo scoffs.

"Don't even try it, Raph." Leo said as Raph chuckled

______________________________

Edited June 20, 2020

I was sort of stuck during the beginning of this oneshot but I managed to pull through

Leave comments or criticisms