140. Raph X Female!CheetahMutant!Reader

Requested by Lordexplosionmrder

1 week after the oozesquito bite inside the lair near 1 pm...

(Y/N) sat near the living room area, watching some tv program. Trying to push away the negative thoughts of her whole situation as she wore her scarf. The same scarf that had leftover cheetah fur from a previous school trip to the zoo. Before she got up, she spotted Raph carrying a box full of sewing supplies along with a teddy bear along the ride. 

 "Is it okay if I sort out the materials?"

"My anxiety is slowly starting to act up again..." (Y/N) said as she held her scarf tightly.

"No problem (Y/N)!"

"I also need your help with holding the bear while I sew some patterns on the little guy." Raph said as (Y/N) nodded.

15 minutes later...

(Y/N) tried opening one of the mini plastic bags that contained various buttons. However, the ziplock seal refused to budge until it finally burst open, sending few of the buttons into the air before hitting the ground. And one landed on top of her nose. Raph tried his best not to laugh at her shocked expression as she replied with a small glare.

"Just be glad the guys are still in the arcade or else, Leo would've said a one liner right now." Raph said as he removed the button from her nose.

(Y/N) then flicked a button at him while Raph snickered, using his arm to shield the attack.

1 hour later... 

While (Y/N) went to get snacks from the kitchen, Raph sighed in relief looking over the half completed (f/c) teddy bear.

"That's a really cute detail of the dots matching (Y/N)'s cheetah spots." Mikey said as Raph nearly dropped the plushie, recognizing his brothers right behind him.

"But, you're missing the spots near her face. And you can't exactly take a picture of her."

"While she's focused with holding the teddy bear while you're sewing." Donnie mentioned as Raph's face begins to blush.

"If Raph tries to ask her in this flustered state, it'll probably spoil the surprise gift for her..." Mikey said as Leo checked his phone.

"April and Sunita managed to get a few pictures with (Y/N)."

"When the girls surprised her with a much needed treat yo self session."

"And I sort of texted them some of the details about the surprise gift Raph's making for her while you guys were talking."

"Only subtle hints though, so..." Leo said as he showed a picture of (Y/N) with a bright smile.

(Y/N) returned bringing a stack of snacks unaware of the conversation as she stood by Raph's side.

"Did something happen-"

"(Y/N), I almost forgot to check in with you about your communicator." Donnie said as a metallic arm from his battle shell grabs Leo's phone while Raph and Mikey notice the unexpected distraction.

"Hey! You could have just ask-"

Mikey cut off Leo's statement as he spoke.

"I just remember, we have to help April with something so, we'll see you guys later!" Mikey said as he tugged his brother away exiting out of the lair.

After a few minutes, Raph listened to the conversation while stitching the spots near the bear's face.

"It's a slight concern that you only kept some of Mikey's suggestions when it comes to overcoming anxiety's bad vibes."

"I assume you're not really a fan of the common solutions." Donnie said as (Y/N) slowly tensed up.

"The breathing exercises or counting to ten never worked for me..."

"I sort of get stressed just thinking about it and a bit overwhelmed by a list with too many activities..."

"To be honest, some of the self care stuff takes too much preparation..." (Y/N) said.

"Can you elaborate what you usually do before you experience some of that anxiety?" Donnie asked.

"Well, before I met you guys, drawing sort of kept my mind off of it."

"Just quick scribbles or reading over something close to a small paragraph."

"Although the week before this whole situation,"

"Raph suggested to focus my energy on another task."

"It really helped me when I was working on my homework."

"Now that I think about it,"

"To this day, that advice just stuck with me and,"

"I have to thank Raph for that..." (Y/N) said grinning at Raph as Donnie half smiled, spotting the teddy bear finally finished. 

"Surprisingly, Raph wanted to help you not be so anxious."

"But, he was worried about hurting your feelings. If he mentioned it while you two were hanging out..."

"It didn't help that the oozesquito bite made things worse however,"

"You're getting better at not letting your anxiety control you..."

"And, Raph has something for you regarding some progress towards your ongoing battle against anxiety." Donnie said as (Y/N) blushed noticing Raph holding out the teddy bear towards her.

"I was supposed to surprise you with this gift last week but, I made last minute changes for the little guy."

"I added a similar scarf and spots so both of you would be matching buddies."

"I almost spoiled the surprise if my brothers didn't notice the teddy bear right behind you." Raph said as (Y/N) lightly hugged the plushie.

 "I still love the gift regardless of the surprise and,"

(Y/N) quickly kissed Raph before he could faint with pink hearts in his eyes as he fell to the ground

"That's my gift to you!" (Y/N) said as Donnie texted the good news to the others.

Bonus: 

A few weeks later during the training session...

(Y/N) utilized her speed into parkour techniques as she leaped towards various objects before landing near the third floor. Raph caught her as she sighed finally done with her training.

"We can head to the park after you rest for a bit." Raph said as he propped her near his shoulder.

"Sure, I don't mind-"

"I'd never thought Raph would use the weekly date with (Y/N) to skip the routine night patrols..." Leo said as the others along with (Y/N) snickering at the comment.

_________________________________

Edited August 6, 2020

Not sure if I followed the prompt entirely (I had to reedit this oneshot 3 times but I sort of turned out cute)

Leave comments or criticisms